Forum Visual Studio

Solution appears twice in Solution Explorer

moljacmoljac HRBeta ✭✭✭

Solution appears twice in Solution Explorer

This started with one older solution with some odd errors, so I have reduced to bare minimum
to see whether problem lies in sln file.

Xamarin Studio empty sln file

  Microsoft Visual Studio Solution File, Format Version 11.00
  # Visual Studio 2010
  Global
     GlobalSection(SolutionConfigurationPlatforms) = preSolution
        Debug|Any CPU = Debug|Any CPU
        Release|Any CPU = Release|Any CPU
     EndGlobalSection
     GlobalSection(ProjectConfigurationPlatforms) = postSolution
     EndGlobalSection
  EndGlobal

My empty solution file from Windows Box:

  Microsoft Visual Studio Solution File, Format Version 11.00
  # Visual Studio 2010
  Global
     GlobalSection(SolutionConfigurationPlatforms) = preSolution
        HideSolutioNode = FALSE
     EndGlobalSection
  EndGlobal

Both load solution, but it appears as 2 solution nodes in Solution explorer.

Log from ~/Library/Logs/XamarinStudio-4.0/Ide.log

Should I open a bug?

Posts

  • moljacmoljac HRBeta ✭✭✭

    Opening from history/recently used in XS - no double vision!

  • LluisSanchezLluisSanchez ESXamarin Team Xamurai

    I've never seen this before. Does it happen if you open the solution using the Open File command instead of the recently used file list?

  • moljacmoljac HRBeta ✭✭✭

    Hi Lluis

    I does happen sometimes and all I can say it was from Finder - dbl click.
    Right now I'm switching from alpha to beta and will try on each channel.

    It is not annoyimg and does not block, but it happens.

    BTW I see no screenshots/logs of mine. did I forget to upload those?
    In log there is only 2 items regarding source control/svn, but nothing regarding

    Just did the test with XS on windows - got the dbl node. i think i know where it comes from...

    switching boxes

  • moljacmoljac HRBeta ✭✭✭

    Hey Lluis here is the image from my Windows box.

    I could force this behavior if 1st line in sln is removed - not a blank one.

    Xamarin Studio
    Version 4.0.3 (build 13)
    Installation UUID: 44e4f747-b02b-430b-bd63-3e33a4f2653c
    Runtime:
    Microsoft .NET 4.0.30319.586
    GTK 2.24.13
    GTK# (2.12.0.0)

  • moljacmoljac HRBeta ✭✭✭

    Empty solution:

     Microsoft Visual Studio Solution File, Format Version 11.00
     # Visual Studio 2010
    
     Global
        GlobalSection(SolutionProperties) = preSolution
           HideSolutionNode = FALSE
        EndGlobalSection
     EndGlobal
    
    • 0 or 1 empy lines at the begining - double node
    • 2+ empty lines sln is opened as txt file

    this is on windows ... I'll try encodings and BOMs variations...

  • Yep, I've experienced this too.

  • moljacmoljac HRBeta ✭✭✭

    On windows tried ANSI, UTF-8 + BOM and UTF-8 encodings for sln file...
    Dbl vision all the time.

    Added sample web app - it appears in solution twice. The work is not blocked by this issue.

    Did few more tests:

    • EOL changes - Unix, Windows, Mac - no changes
    • played with versions in sln - no use.
    • tried with close sloution and reopening from list of recent solutions (this led sometimes to normal behavior)
  • moljacmoljac HRBeta ✭✭✭

    Lluis let me know if anything else is needed (file a bug, sln files tested).

    I'll push all those test cases to github.

    cheers

    mel

  • djstfdjstf AUMember
    edited April 2013

    I've just seen this problem too. It hints at encoding - I opened the sln file in Notepad++, hit save, and no more dupes!

    EDIT: Just hit File > Save All in Xamarin and the dupe popped back up.

Sign In or Register to comment.