What do the different icon annotations mean?

So there are a lot of different icons on some of the files on my project and I'm not sure what all of them mean.

http://docs.xamarin.com/guides/cross-platform/getting_started/introducing_xamarin_studio

In that document for example it says that "Projects under source control are denoted with an annotation on their icons". But there are other annotations that are on some of my files, a couple have a small blue + sign and some have a small yellow diagonal bar.

Is there anywhere where all the different icon annotations are listed, I've been googling for a while and can't seem to find a comprehensive list.

Thanks.

• mhutchmhutch USXamarin Team Xamurai

The blue plus means the file has been added to source control, the diagonal yellow bar means the file has been modified relative to the version in source control.

• BrandonGrantBrandonGrant USMember

Thanks for the response but there are other icons that show up as well that I do not know the meaning of is there a centralized location that explains all the icon annotations?

• LluisSanchezLluisSanchez ESXamarin Team Xamurai

Nope, I fear there isn't.

• DustinLewisDustinLewis USMember
    edited September 2014

Can one be created please? These need documented somewhere?!

I realize this is an old thread, so if there is a list somewhere now, could you point me in the right direction. Thanks.

• MariusUngureanuMariusUngureanu ROXamarin Team Xamurai
    edited October 2014

Version control equivalents:

Blue + -> Added

Red X -> Deleted/Missing

Yellow dots -> Modified

Red closed lock -> Locked

Green open lock -> Unlocked

Gray closed lock -> Lock required

Gray ? -> Untracked/Not under Version Control

Yellow triangle -> Conflicts

Green square -> Project/Solution/Solution Folder under Version Control

Gray / -> Ignored

• Thanks for the legend.

wrt "Red X -> Deleted/Missing"

What is missing exactly? I renamed Phoneword.cs to App.cs and that red x is now part of the icon. Even after (successful) ReBuild.

Thanks!

Dan

• JordiVilaplanaJordiVilaplana USMember
    edited August 11

Know this is an old post, but I couldn't find any more info about this.

A couple of days ago I found another icon which is not at the chart, a white one with a black X inside. It happened after creating new file, so I thought it was some kind of "non tracked yet" icon, but VS doesn't let me add this file to tracker, nor commit it or push to main repo.

What does this icon mean? How can I solve this in order to upload this file to our main repo?

I'm using Visual Studio Community 2017 (7.0.1) for Mac with a Git repo for a Xamarin (PCL Core + Android + iOS) project.

Thanks,
    J