Forum Visual Studio

Debugger doesn't work, "Frame not in module"?

2»

Answers

• Does anyone have a solution for this already? Can't debug my code!!

• zuckerthobenzuckerthoben USMember ✭✭

I also still have this issue. With Xamarin Forms on any platform. I did the Exception Settings. The behavior is the same on VS 2015 & 2017. Is there a real solution?

• UnnithanUnnithan USMember

I'm new to Xamarin. Me too getting same exception. Please help.

Can anybody help? It's really frustrating

• EdChavez.1786EdChavez.1786 USMember
    edited January 2017

Hope this helps - Not a "fix" per se, but it's more annoyance than anything:

• it's trying to step through code that that "doesn't have a source"
    • So, close the annoying window and put your breakpoint somewhere else and "skip" f10 or just f5

That said, sounds like it's a setting somewhere that says "skip if no source"...I haven't had the time to try and find it though (I've been doing the above for now).

Hth.

• CarlJonesCarlJones GBMember ✭✭

Just adding my voice to this, getting same issue when debugging ios with a xamarin.forms pcl app.

• @FredyWenger - thanks, F10 works for me too!

@EdChavez.1786 said:
    Hope this helps - Not a "fix" per se, but it's more annoyance than anything:

• it's trying to step through code that that "doesn't have a source"
    • So, close the annoying window and put your breakpoint somewhere else and "skip" f10 or just f5

That said, sounds like it's a setting somewhere that says "skip if no source"...I haven't had the time to try and find it though (I've been doing the above for now).

Hth.

F10 does not really work for me. A real fix would be appreciated!

• ermanerman USMember

Hi

I m new in xamarin , I had the same issue for hello world page , any solutions ?

thanks

• abdul92306abdul92306 PKMember ✭✭
    edited March 2017

i tried all methods but my problem is still there please help me i am so disappointed with xamarin

• JohnMillerJohnMiller USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Hey All,

This thread has reports of similar issues over a long period of time. It's possible newer issues have a different root cause. I will suggest an issue I did find for the latest Cycle 9 release: https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=52760

For anyone that is hitting an issue with the latest XVS version 4.3, please file an issue at http://bugzilla.xamarin.com and include your version information and any IDE logs from the Help -> Xamarin -> Zip Logs. Also, make sure to try checking that all "Common Language Runtime Exceptions" is checked as that seems to be a workaround for some users (checkmark instead of the box).

• sid12sid12 INMember ✭✭

still getting the issue
    have tried above all solutions, but still getting the error........ :-(
    please help with the issue....

• KavyaSKavyaS USMember ✭✭

please help me to solve this problem.same issue with ios build"frame not found in module"

• anish_palanish_pal INMember ✭✭

please help me to solve this problem.same issue with android build"frame not found in module" while consuming web api.

• anish_palanish_pal INMember ✭✭

@CarlJones said:

Just adding my voice to this, getting same issue when debugging ios with a xamarin.forms pcl app.

@Yanana said:

@MatheusGuimaraes said:
    Can whoever still has this problem check if on Exception Settings you have "Common Language Runtime Exceptions" ticked? Just make sure it's ticked on the parent level so all options below it are ticked too, then try again and see if it works. Please see attached screenshot. You can get to that screen by going to "DEBUG -> Exceptions..."

This worked for me, but in Visual Studio 2015 you find this option under : Debug -> Windows -> Exception settings

after enable CLRE in windows 10 stil m facing same issue ..

• RajendraMehraRajendraMehra Member

On VS 2017:

open "DEBUG -> Windows -> Exception Settings"

tick the parent option "Common Language Runtime Exceptions" so all its children are ticked.

Worked for me.

• RezaMohamedRezaMohamed USMember ✭✭✭

It's March 2020 and I am getting this issue. https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/comment/406489#Comment_406489

• GiorgosBetsosGiorgosBetsos USMember
    edited March 29

Same problem here. It makes it impossible to debug. I'm facing the issue during an asynchronous web method invocation

This is my code:

public async Task<bool> LoginAsync(int TccNum, string UserId, string pwd)
        {
            getRequestComplete = new TaskCompletionSource<bool>();
            _service.loginAsync(TccNum, UserId, pwd);
            await getRequestComplete.Task;

return _loginSucceeded;
        }

Execution gets to --> await getRequestComplete.Task;

private void Service_LoginCompleted(object sender, ServiceCompletedEventArgs e)
        {            
            try
            {
                getRequestComplete = getRequestComplete ?? new TaskCompletionSource<bool>();

_loginSucceeded = (e.Result == 0);

getRequestComplete.TrySetResult(true);
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                _ = App.RestServiceManager.SaveLogItemAsync("Service_LoginCompleted", ex.Message);
                if (ex.InnerException != null)
                {
                    _ = App.RestServiceManager.SaveLogItemAsync("[email protected]", ex.InnerException.Message);
                }

getRequestComplete.TrySetResult(false);
                _loginSucceeded = false;
            }
        }

But setting a breakpoint inside Service_LoginCompleted handler doesn't work.
    It never stops anywhere inside the handler. Even inside the catch block.

• GiorgosBetsosGiorgosBetsos USMember

Same issue here. I'm using Visual Studio 2019 v.16.5.0. Error occurs when trying to invoke asynchronously a web method.

Here's my code:

public async Task<bool> LoginAsync(int TccNum, string UserId, string pwd)
        {
            getRequestComplete = new TaskCompletionSource<bool>();
            _serviceCashPoint.loginAsync(TccNum, UserId, pwd);
            await getRequestComplete.Task;

return _loginSucceeded;
        }

Exception is thrown when execution reaches --> await getRequestComplete.Task;

Following is the code of the event handler:

private void Service_LoginCompleted(object sender, WebService.loginCompletedEventArgs e)
        {            
            try
            {
                getRequestComplete = getRequestComplete ?? new TaskCompletionSource<bool>();

_loginSucceeded = (e.Result == 0);

getRequestComplete.TrySetResult(true);
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                _ = App.RestServiceManager.SaveLogItemAsync("SoapServices.Service_LoginCompleted", ex.Message);
                if (ex.InnerException != null)
                {
                    _ = App.RestServiceManager.SaveLogItemAsync("[email protected]", ex.InnerException.Message);
                }

getRequestComplete.TrySetResult(false);
                _loginSucceeded = false;
            }
        }

If I try to set a breakpoint anywhere inside Service_LoginCompleted event, it never reaches to the breakpoint. Even if I set the breakpoint inside the catch block.

This is very frustrating as it makes it impossible to debug.

I've already tried everything proposed in this thread to no avail.