Annoying Popups

Hi,

I have an INDIE subscription so I write most of my code in Xamarin Studio. However I have a few shared libraries and server code which I develop in the same solution but open in Visual Studio. This used to work very well for me until this week.

When I say well it means my Android and iOS projects were not opening at all and just displaying as disabled - perfect for my needs as I still can write server code and change model libraries shared between server and mobile apps.

Since the last update every time I open the solution or try to build it I get annoying popups (see attached). I'm not sure what happens here, can I get back to the previous behavior?

Thanks!

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Thanks for the report! In my quick tests I was able to prevent the activation dialogs using the following steps:

1. Manually unload any Xamarin.Android or Xamarin.iOS projects in the solution.
    2. Quit Visual Studio.
    3. Reopen the solution in Visual Studio.

The Xamarin support team has also filed a bug to request that the Xamarin VS developers change the behavior so that these activation dialogs will not appear when building non-Xamarin projects in solutions that contain Xamarin projects, even if the Xamarin projects are currently loaded.

• Thanks @BrendanZagaeski‌ it almost helps. I have 3 apps and 1 PCL library with Xamarin target in it (I was able to compile it before with Indie). I can manually unload 3 apps but not the PCL project as I need to compile it for the server code. Popup appears once instead of 4 times though which is less annoying )

On the other hand I like the feature that you can still see iOS and Anroid project code from VS with Indie but can't compile it. This is extemely useful for solution-wide VS refactorings, otherwise I need to go back to Xamarin Studio and fix class renames for example manually.

Is there any change it will be fixed by not reverting to the old behavior but only not throwing the popups?

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Yes, I think the best fix would be to keep the new behavior, but also add the ability to build non-Xamarin projects without having to unload the Xamarin projects and restart Visual Studio. I've added an additional note on the bug report to clarify that. Thanks!