Assets in Android Library

GerdVanZegbroeckGerdVanZegbroeck BEBeta ✭✭
edited October 2014 in Xamarin.Android

Hi,

I've read that it is not possible to include Android Assets in a library project.

Is it, however, possible to include "assets" in a library project that eventually end up in the Assets folder of the Android application that references this library? In an automated way?

I'm developing an Android binding library that includes some jar's and .so files, but also needs to have certain assets to be present in the final application.

I'd rather have one package only that the user needs to reference and all is done automatically ..

Thanks!

Cheers
Gerd

Note: Assets are a requirement, since the jar and .so files need to have raw access to files

• GerdVanZegbroeckGerdVanZegbroeck BEBeta ✭✭
    edited October 2014

It would be great if one could set the build action of a file to AndroidAsset in a library and it would be merged with the Assets folder in the final application. Much the same way as the BundleResource action works in iOS libraries.

But this doesn't work and I am looking for an alternative that works automatically ...

• RodyLagerwaardRodyLagerwaard USMember ✭✭

I would love this feature too!

• VictorChelaruVictorChelaru USMember ✭✭

Any update on this feature? I'm also trying to load a file from a .dll so I don't have to distribute multiple files along with the .dll.

• jasellsjasells Member ✭✭

MeToo!

• jasellsjasells Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018

This thread talks about how to do this in native Android IDE tools...

won't let me post links here :| so search stack overflow for "/how-to-reference-an-asset-in-a-library-project"

We need this ability in VS/Monodevelop