Xamarin installer stuck on "Downloading Mono Framework" on Mac OS X Mountain Lion

decaxdecax CAMember

Everytime I try to install Xamarin, the installer gets stuck to "Downloading Mono Framework".

In the Activity Monitor, I can see that nothing is downloading... Is there an offline installer available? Or does anyone know how to fix this?

• amilleramiller USXamarin Team Xamurai

Hi Dominic,

If you are still running into installer issues, please email into [email protected] and we can send you the manual installation files to get everything set up :)

• EvanEvan USMember ✭✭

Can you please please put a download progress bar in this mac installer. We shouldn't have to inspect activity monitor to figure out its not working.

• ioCronioCron DEMember

Hi, I'am new to Xamarin, I really would like to try and test out your Xamarin Studio. But I have sadly the same problem on OS X Lion (10.7.5). The installer simply doesn't work / get stuck on "Downloading Mono Framework". A progress bar would be nice too, as Evan mentioned.

• LolikidLolikid MYMember

Any Fixed for this issue?

• amilleramiller USXamarin Team Xamurai

Hey @Lolikid!

It's an issue we are still looking into. If you are unable to install, please write into [email protected] so we can help you get everything set up :D

• thienhaflashthienhaflash VNMember

I'm also very frustrated with Xamarin's installer. A lot of dependecies to download which is HUGE in size with no OFFLINE INSTALLER option. It takes me ages (actually several days now) to download and setup, even when my Android SDK, AndroidNDK, JDK6, ... already there.

There is an option to choose the path for AndroidSDK, but none for JDK, AndroidNDK, ... why ?

The downloader in the installer is SLOW, please allow us to download everything in 1 pakage with other download accelerator software then just install !

If there is a solution, a better way around, it should be public so anyone can follow, there are no need to contact support for such a thing.

I'm not sure if anyone out there like the "download when running installer" stuff, especially for really large packages.

If you can provide a 2GB installer file, it would be fine for me, just make sure that the download link is resumable !

thanks.

• AK47OHAK47OH USMember

+1 for Lolikid's workaround. But you only have to manually install Mono Framework and then try the live installer again.

• AndreasReiffAndreasReiff DEUniversity ✭✭

Still happened for me. Manually downloaded Mono Framework, installed and then ran Xamarin Installer again.
    I still had to change my network connection (inside VM, from NAT to bridged) and disable the speedstep, ran fine afterwards.