Load failed: Unknown solution item type: {786C830F-07A1-408B-BD7f-6EE04809D6DB}

ka98ka98 Daniel SchickDEMember

Hi got a Xamarin project from a team I wanna work with. The problem is that the solutions can't get loaded any of their solutions and xamarin studio gives me the error: Load failed: Unknown solution item type: {786C830F-07A1-408B-Bd7f-6EE04809D6DB}. The members of the team havn't seen the problem before, so I gonna ask here.... I searched in Google for it and found that it has to do something with the Microsoft Mobile Framework... I'm using Windows 7 x64 and I 've got Microsoft Framework 4.5

Best Answer

• mattwardmattward Matt Ward GBMember Xamurai
    Accepted Answer

That GUID is for a Portable Class Library project. My guess is that you do not have the Portable Class Libraries installed. Xamarin Studio will check to see if the following file exists on your machine:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\Portable\v4.0Microsoft.Portable.CSharp.targets

Another way to check is to see if you can create a Portable Library project from Xamarin Studio.

On Windows if you do not have Visual Studio 2013 installed you will not have the Portable Library Class Libraries and tools. Instead of installing VS 2013 you can install the Portable Tools and Class Libraries separately. It does involve some manual copying of certain files but it is quicker than installing Visual Studio.

Answers

• mattwardmattward Matt Ward GBMember Xamurai
    Accepted Answer

That GUID is for a Portable Class Library project. My guess is that you do not have the Portable Class Libraries installed. Xamarin Studio will check to see if the following file exists on your machine:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\Portable\v4.0Microsoft.Portable.CSharp.targets

Another way to check is to see if you can create a Portable Library project from Xamarin Studio.

On Windows if you do not have Visual Studio 2013 installed you will not have the Portable Library Class Libraries and tools. Instead of installing VS 2013 you can install the Portable Tools and Class Libraries separately. It does involve some manual copying of certain files but it is quicker than installing Visual Studio.

• ka98ka98 Daniel Schick DEMember

Thanks a lot!! Installing the Portable Libary tools with parameter solved the problem for me.

• SuthanMSuthanM Suthan M USMember ✭✭

In Mac I faced same issues after updating but, after restarting the studio its working fine for me.

• SuthanMSuthanM Suthan M USMember ✭✭

In Mac I faced same issues after updating but, after restarting the studio its working fine for me.