Everything was fine and now: Failed to compile interface file.

Xamarin 5.5.2 (build 3)

Project used to compile fine and all, and now suddenly dead in the tracks with this error:
Error: Failed to compile interface file. See Build Output for details.

Machine with XCode 6.0.1
Recently updated my Mac to OSX Yosemite. It was working fine even after all the updates and then out of nowhere this error.

Anyone?

• pnevespneves PTMember

yes i have the same error...and i cant find the solution. this happens to me when i uptaded xcode..

• GeoRoverGeoRover USMember

Project is already late a month due to Xamarin issues and now at a complete halt. Time to learn Swift and move away form this platform I suppose.

• GeoRoverGeoRover USMember
    edited October 2014

Ok I solved this on my machine at least. Try and follow these steps and see if this helps you:

[1]
    NOTE: Library folder is hidden
    /Users/[YourUserName]/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles/

[2]
    Delete all the *.mobileprovision files.

[3]
    Open XCode > Preferences > Accounts > [Your AppleId] > Select AccountName > View Details
    Hit refresh button on bottom left for provisions to download on machine

[4]
    Launch Xamarin, Clean All and build again.

Please report back with results/success.
    Thanks.

• pnevespneves PTMember

@GeoRover‌

i did what you said but that didn't work for me.
    meanwhile i changed the build deployment on my storyboard to 8.0 and later and it compiles with no problem. so my conclusion is this new 8.1 having some kind of problem with xamarin. i hope xamarin team will resolve this

• JeffreyStedfastJeffreyStedfast USXamarin Team Xamurai

In iOS 8.1, Apple is now forcing developers to reference images in the top-level directory of the app bundle only, they are no longer allowing xibs and storyboards to reference images in subfolders.

See my post on StackOverflow for possible ways that you can deal with this (and yet still organize your images in your project).

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16938250/xamarin-studio-folder-structure-issue-in-ios-project/16951545#16951545

• AdamWolfAdamWolf USMember, University ✭✭

@JefferyStedfast do you think Xamarin Studio will be updated to scan the resource directory and add the appropriate subfolder additions to ? The storyboard designer should not allow us to select images that will not make it to the app bundle.

Thanks,
    Adam

• JeffreyStedfastJeffreyStedfast USXamarin Team Xamurai

That's for the iOS Designer team to do. /cc @AlanMcGovern‌