Custom project templates

I'm looking for a way to create a custom project template, so I can distribute that template across my team so all apps that are built have the same basis solution structure and packages.

What I will try to do is that when you create a new "MySolution" it will automatically create a common project, and two projects for iOS and Android. Besides adding the projects it should also add a few nuget packages.

My needs look alot like a new xamarin forms solution where there are multiple projects created and the xamarin forms nuget package is added.

Is there some guidance on how to accomplish this? Or example project files?

• mattwardmattward GBMember Xamurai
    edited October 2014

The ASP.NET MVC Project template might be a good starting point. It uses NuGet packages and has two projects that are created by the template.

The templates are registered with Xamarin Studio by the addin.xml file.

A template will use NuGet packages from nuget.org by default. If you need the template to work when offline you will need to do more work and specify where the packages can be found in your addin.xml file. Information about this can be found in the NuGet Packages in Project Templates section of the Xamarin Studio 5.0 NuGet support post.

• ChristiaanVeeningenChristiaanVeeningen USUniversity ✭✭

Thanks, will have a look at that.