Files gets deleted from project and disk ??

Hi everyone

I've been using Xamarin Studio for a couple of weeks now. Currently I'm working on a Android project and a few days ago i suddently "lost" some small xml files from the project. They simply disappeared. First i just created the small files again, convinced myself that i might have deleted them by mistake ???

But today i suddently lost one of my main source files. It was removed from the project, I couldn't find it in the explorer and the only way to get i back (besides git), was to restore it from my time machine ??

When i restored it back into to project, Xamarin Studio came up with a notice "An autosave file has been found for this file." ... thats wierd ? This means it somehow still is connected to the project ?

Has anyone else experiences this ? I dont like the idea, that my source files get deleted randomly ?

Regards,
Kent Fonager, netcoders aps

• KentFonagerKentFonager DKBeta

Update ... the files do NOT disappear, I have found out ... the simply MOVE to another (random) position in the project tree. After adding the lost file and i tried to compile, i got the message "The namespace 'QuizmoAndroid' already contains a definition for 'PlayActivity'.

A quick search resulted in the file popping up TWO places in the project, as you can see on the attached screendump. For some wierd reason, the "lost" files becomes childs of some of my .png files in the project ? The file "styles.xml" was one of the files, I lost yesterday.

This must be a bug, right ? As I'm 110% sure I have NOT moved any of the files, even by accident, in the explorer ...

/Kent

• LluisSanchezLluisSanchez ESXamarin Team Xamurai

That's weird. Maybe you accidentally used cut+paste in the tree? We haven't had any report of this issue. Is this something you can more or less consistently reproduce?

No, I have NOT used copy-paste. And if i had, why should i paste both files beneath an .png file ??? ;-)

As I have only experienced this under normal use, I do not know what triggered it, but now I know whats happends and will try to keep and eye on it.

• JeffreyStedfastJeffreyStedfast USXamarin Team Xamurai

You can also drag & drop files to be children of other files (this is how you can make files depend on other files).

hi jeff ... i know that, but as i wrote earliere i'm 100% sure, that i have not dragged og copied the files by accident ;-)

• JeffreyStedfastJeffreyStedfast USXamarin Team Xamurai

Okay, I was just putting it out there as a possibility :-)

One of the other Xamarin devs complains to me that he keeps dragging and dropping files by accident so I thought maybe that happened to someone else too.