Change version control credentials?

CarlJonesCarlJones GBMember ✭✭

Hi all,

I was wondering, how do you change your version control credentials with xamarin studio? I only just noticed it supported git, so I was trying to push some changes to bitbucket, but I got my password wrong. Now whenever I try to carry out any operations it fails authentication, but I see no way to change my remote login details anywhere? DOes anyone have any suggestions please?

Thank you

• AlanMcGovernAlanMcGovern USXamarin Team Xamurai

If you open up the MacOS keychain you should be able to find the item there corresponding to the git url you're using. If I remember correctly the item will be a 'web password' and the name of it should be the same as the url you use for cloning. Once that entry is deleted you will be prompted again by Xamarin Studio to enter your credentials.

The code is supposed to fall back to prompting should the stored password fail. I need to investigate why that's not happening for you.

• CarlJonesCarlJones GBMember ✭✭

Thanks, i'll go try that now, FYI here's the exception that happens when I try after putting in the wrong password

NGit.Errors.TransportException: https://[removed]@bitbucket.org/[removed]/[repo].git: not authorized
      at NGit.Transport.TransportHttp.Connect (System.String service) [0x001e7] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/monodevelop_private-lion-bigsplash/4d204dd3/source/monodevelop/main/external/ngit/NGit/NGit.Transport/TransportHttp.cs:572 

• CarlJonesCarlJones GBMember ✭✭

I removed the entry from keychain, it prompted me, now I get

System.Exception: Could not find internet password: An invalid record was encountered.
      at MonoDevelop.MacInterop.Keychain.FindInternetPassword (System.Uri uri) [0x0008e] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/monodevelop_private-lion-bigsplash/4d204dd3/source/monodevelop/main/src/addins/MacPlatform/MacInterop/Keychain.cs:386 
      at MonoDevelop.MacDev.MacKeychainPasswordProvider.GetWebPassword (System.Uri uri) [0x00000] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/monodevelop_private-lion-bigsplash/4d204dd3/source/md-addins/MonoDevelop.MacDev/MonoDevelop.MacDev/MacKeychainPasswordProvider.cs:42 
      at MonoDevelop.Core.PasswordService.GetWebPassword (System.Uri url) [0x00016] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/monodevelop_private-lion-bigsplash/4d204dd3/source/monodevelop/main/src/core/MonoDevelop.Core/MonoDevelop.Core/PasswordService.cs:48 
      at MonoDevelop.VersionControl.Git.GitCredentials.TryGetUsernamePassword (NGit.Transport.URIish uri, NGit.Transport.CredentialItem[] items, NGit.Transport.Password& passwordItem) [0x00076] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/monodevelop_private-lion-bigsplash/4d204dd3/source/monodevelop/main/src/addins/VersionControl/MonoDevelop.VersionControl.Git/MonoDevelop.VersionControl.Git/GitCredentials.cs:122 
      at MonoDevelop.VersionControl.Git.GitCredentials.Get (NGit.Transport.URIish uri, NGit.Transport.CredentialItem[] items) [0x0001f] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/monodevelop_private-lion-bigsplash/4d204dd3/source/monodevelop/main/src/addins/VersionControl/MonoDevelop.VersionControl.Git/MonoDevelop.VersionControl.Git/GitCredentials.cs:60 
      at NGit.Transport.HttpAuthMethod.Authorize (NGit.Transport.URIish uri, NGit.Transport.CredentialsProvider credentialsProvider) [0x00012] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/monodevelop_private-lion-bigsplash/4d204dd3/source/monodevelop/main/external/ngit/NGit/NGit.Transport/HttpAuthMethod.cs:121 
      at NGit.Transport.TransportHttp.Connect (System.String service) [0x001c4] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/monodevelop_private-lion-bigsplash/4d204dd3/source/monodevelop/main/external/ngit/NGit/NGit.Transport/TransportHttp.cs:570 
      at NGit.Transport.TransportHttp.OpenPush () [0x00006] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/monodevelop_private-lion-bigsplash/4d204dd3/source/monodevelop/main/external/ngit/NGit/NGit.Transport/TransportHttp.cs:454 
      at NGit.Transport.PushProcess.Execute (NGit.ProgressMonitor monitor) [0x00012] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/monodevelop_private-lion-bigsplash/4d204dd3/source/monodevelop/main/external/ngit/NGit/NGit.Transport/PushProcess.cs:137 
      at NGit.Transport.Transport.Push (NGit.ProgressMonitor monitor, ICollection`1 toPush) [0x00072] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/monodevelop_private-lion-bigsplash/4d204dd3/source/monodevelop/main/external/ngit/NGit/NGit.Transport/Transport.cs:1359 
      at MonoDevelop.VersionControl.Git.GitRepository.Push (IProgressMonitor monitor, System.String remote, System.String remoteBranch) [0x0005d] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/monodevelop_private-lion-bigsplash/4d204dd3/source/monodevelop/main/src/addins/VersionControl/MonoDevelop.VersionControl.Git/MonoDevelop.VersionControl.Git/GitRepository.cs:1025 
      at MonoDevelop.VersionControl.Git.GitService+<Push>c__AnonStorey11.<>m__1D (System.Object ) [0x00000] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/monodevelop_private-lion-bigsplash/4d204dd3/source/monodevelop/main/src/addins/VersionControl/MonoDevelop.VersionControl.Git/MonoDevelop.VersionControl.Git/GitService.cs:70 

• mhutchmhutch USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Could you please file a bug?

• ConorMcCarthyConorMcCarthy GBMember

Hi,
    I am experiencing the same problem - is there any update on this bug?

thanks

• Bob_ReckBob_Reck USMember ✭✭✭
    edited April 2013

Same problem here. Any info?

I found the bug report here.
    https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=11398

• Bob_ReckBob_Reck USMember ✭✭✭

Ok, so I think I can add to the information about this issue.

First, I opened up the keychain entry for my git repository. I added my "Account" as my login ID, I verified the password was correct, and then I added the full URL to the git repository into the "Where" field. When I went back into Xamarin Studio and performed an update, I was prompted for my username and password again. Entering them successfully performed the update on my project.

However, I then noticed a second entry in Keychain access for my repository. This one again had nothing in the "Account" or "Where" fields. I tried another update of my project... same not authorized failure as before.

Deleting the second entry in Keychain Access allowed me to successfully update, but again, my username and password were required and a secondary entry was re-created.

Bob