No option to set iPhone 6 Plus launch images/app images from the plist editor

JimBennettJimBennett GBInsider, University, Developer Group Leader ✭✭✭✭

As above really - in the plist editor there aren't any buttons to set the images for the iPhone 6 plus. Guess I'll just have to edit the plist file manually, but it's a bad omission.

Feels like VS support is a third class citizen, what with all the issues that are being found,.

• NoName2NoName2 USMember
    edited September 2014

I have the same problem and this is not what I expected after reading "Added support for the new @3x style images" in the changelog.

Adds even more minus points to the Xamarin iOS account which is already in a debt zone.

If you fix this image issue in the project properties, please also fix the two bugs with it, to prevent further disappointment:

• Images are not displayed at all if the files are read-only (pretty common in a TFS environment!)

• The Spotlight 58x58 icon is never displayed. Only just the moment after you added it again because you thought it's missing again. If you save and reopen the properties, it's gone again.

• Adding PNG files with extension as iTunes artwork doesn't store these files without extension (as Apple requires it for whatever weird reason). Adding an iTunes image thus seems to have no effect. I had to remove the iTunesArtwork PNG extension manually and then they also appeared in the properties.

• In one of the last updates, the status bar option "Hide during application launch" has no effect anymore, it's always visible.

• NoName2NoName2 USMember

@FabioG has given me an answer here:
    https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/comment/78811/#Comment_78811

To sum it up, open the SLN in Xamarin Studio on your Mac (I did this over a network share and closed VS on Windows).
    Open the Info.plist file there and scroll to the icons. Click the combobox at the top and select "Migrate to Asset". It will add a new folder in your Resources directory in which you can double-click-open the Contents.json and nicely edit the icons with all the new sizes there.

• MarketAllyMarketAlly USMember ✭✭

Why is VS not updated after 2 years? How do I set these images

@MarketAlly said:

I see how to do them now but I wish the there was a message stating the depreciation of present interface OR adding the other image sizes rather than just leaving it as is.

• LukeTappinLukeTappin GBMember

@MarketAlly said:

@MarketAlly said:

I see how to do them now but I wish the there was a message stating the depreciation of present interface OR adding the other image sizes rather than just leaving it as is.

I'm having the same problem, but I'm failing to see the new way in which you should add the launch images - could someone explain, please?

I resolved this by creating a custom storyboard as described on this page. I must admit I learned more than I desired to want to know since it took my out of my Xamarin Forms comfort zone. I understand the reasoning for doing it this method, since it removes scaling issue concern for future sizes. I also know there is a third party control which allows you to use the image although can't remember it off hand. I found that after learning this method

https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/ios/application_fundamentals/working_with_images/launch-screens/