Xamarin.iOS versions are not in sync on the latest PC version versus the latest Mac Book Pro

ForceMagicForceMagic USMember

Greetings,

Does anyone have encounter this problem, I have updated yesterday to the latest stable version of Xamarin iOS on my PC and Mac book pro, but both version does not seems to be in sync.

I got the following warning but cannot sync them :

Warning 1 There is a minor mismatch between the installed Xamarin.iOS (version 8.0.0.62) on the Mac Build Host 192.168.28.1 and the local Xamarin.iOS 8.0.52.0. When applying updates, make sure to keep both the Mac and Windows in sync.

PC
Xamarin.iOS 8.0.52.0 (b38baf1c655f9fe816fee25cbd7ac78225def3e9)
Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.iOS.

Mac book Pro
Xamarin.iOS
Version: 8.0.0.62 (Business Edition)
Hash: 8bd8158
Branch:
Build date: 2014-09-18 09:12:55-0400

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

That warning is ignorable, but there's no way to stop it, and therefore it should be switched off. I've file a bug to request that the warning be removed:
    https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=23270

Also, I'll move this thread over to Visual Studio just to group it more closely with other similar reports.

• ForceMagicForceMagic USMember

Ok cool, thanks Brendan. I`m having another problem with signing identity, so I was not sure if that was related, but I had the feeling it was ok, since it's not an error but a warning.

• KashifShaikhKashifShaikh CAMember ✭✭

I get this problem too, but I am unable to Deploy to iOS devices. Under the solution settings the "Deploy" checkbox for iOS project is grayed out.

So the project builds, I can see the device list, but can't deploy and run.

See attached screenshot.

• ForceMagicForceMagic USMember

Is it related to the fact that you have selected the iPhoneSimulator? I don't remember if the box is not grayed out only for real devices. Does it make a difference if you switch to iPhone?

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited September 2014

@KashifShaikh‌, the issue with the greyed out checkboxes would best be discussed in its own forum thread. Note that it's also generally discouraged to post the same question across multiple forum threads (1, 2), but it looks like these are your first posts, so no worries about that!

That said, the greyed out checkboxes is intentional, and not itself the cause of any problems. I've posted a new thread specifically for that issue:
    http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/25205/intentional-deploy-checkboxes-for-xamarin-ios-projects-cannot-be-checked

If you're having trouble building or deploying, you'll need to check through the other logs, and possibly contact support, as mentioned here and here. Thanks for the report!