Error Running App After upgrading Xamarin.

I have received this error on every single iOS Simulator after I have updated Xamarin and Xcode:

2014-09-22 21:27:41.244 Floadt[8572:227752] Error loading /System/Library/Extensions/IOHIDFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHIDLib.plugin/Contents/MacOS/IOHIDLib: dlopen(/System/Library/Extensions/IOHIDFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHIDLib.plugin/Contents/MacOS/IOHIDLib, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:
/System/Library/Extensions/IOHIDFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHIDLib.plugin/Contents/MacOS/IOHIDLib: mach-o, but not built for iOS simulator
2014-09-22 21:27:41.245 Floadt[8572:227752] Cannot find function pointer IOHIDLibFactory for factory 13AA9C44-6F1B-11D4-907C-0005028F18D5 in CFBundle/CFPlugIn 0x7b660bc0 </System/Library/Extensions/IOHIDFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHIDLib.plugin> (bundle, not loaded)
2014-09-22 21:27:41.246 Floadt[8572:227752] Error loading /System/Library/Extensions/IOHIDFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHIDLib.plugin/Contents/MacOS/IOHIDLib: dlopen(/System/Library/Extensions/IOHIDFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHIDLib.plugin/Contents/MacOS/IOHIDLib, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:
/System/Library/Extensions/IOHIDFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHIDLib.plugin/Contents/MacOS/IOHIDLib: mach-o, but not built for iOS simulator
2014-09-22 21:27:41.246 Floadt[8572:227752] Cannot find function pointer IOHIDLibFactory for factory 13AA9C44-6F1B-11D4-907C-0005028F18D5 in CFBundle/CFPlugIn 0x7b660bc0 </System/Library/Extensions/IOHIDFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHIDLib.plugin> (bundle, not loaded)
2014-09-22 21:27:41.247 Floadt[8572:227752] Error loading /System/Library/Extensions/IOHIDFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHIDLib.plugin/Contents/MacOS/IOHIDLib: dlopen(/System/Library/Extensions/IOHIDFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHIDLib.plugin/Contents/MacOS/IOHIDLib, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:
2014-09-22 21:27:41.247 Floadt[8572:227752] Cannot find function pointer IOHIDLibFactory for factory 13AA9C44-6F1B-11D4-907C-0005028F18D5 in CFBundle/CFPlugIn 0x7b660bc0 </System/Library/Extensions/IOHIDFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHIDLib.plugin> (bundle, not loaded)

• VinnieVivaceVinnieVivace NZMember ✭✭

me too...

• VinnieVivaceVinnieVivace NZMember ✭✭

try setting the IOS Build Options: Linker options to "Link SDK assemblies only", fixed it for me

• Same here. Slightly surprised that stepping up the linking can resolve such an issue. Bug?

• @ChristianRishj‌ what Vinnie said had worked for me.

• @PradyumnNukala yup, works for me as well. Just surprised that it does.

• DennisWeluDennisWelu USUniversity, Developer Group Leader ✭✭

Interesting. The general recommendation for Debug builds is to flip on incremental builds (for performance reasons while developing), but if you do that its best to have Linker behavior set to Don't link, again for perf reasons. So in that scenario if you enable incremental builds but set linker to Link SDK assemblies the settings work against each other. I think I'll just overlook the log messages for now until I find it's causing real problems.

• WilliamNeedelsWilliamNeedels USMember ✭✭

I ran into the same problem this morning.

Summary

A combination of updating XCode, using iOS Simulator | Reset Content and Settings from the IOS Simulator menu, and cleaning and rebuilding appears to have solved the problem.

Details/Play-by-play

I had been seeing this problem off and on the past week or so, including across the last couple of Xamarin updates.

I was able to get it to run a couple times by stashing in Git and reverting back to previous baseline, cleaning and rebuilding.

After a few changes in the code I was back to the same problem. This morning the problem was consistently appearing.

Linker options described in this post and others provided no relief.

I also tried quitting Xamarin Studio and the simulator, reopening, cleaning and rebuilding...no effect.

I started XCode and it turned out to need to install updates for the debugger; I let the proceed. Restarted Xamarin...no effect (problem still there).

Finally I tried iOS Simulator | Reset Content and Settings on the IOS Simulator, then tried the debugger in Xamarin...that worked for me.

• WilliamNeedelsWilliamNeedels USMember ✭✭

...and it keeps breaking. The solution I described in my previous comment only seems to be good for one run.

I checked the exception in more detail. The inner exception showed I had made a mistake in my code.

Darn it.

My project is now in the state the original poster and others have described, in which the Application Output shows the errors but the project runs OK.

• bilibili PKMember

I'm facing same problem in Xcode , from where to set Linker options to "Link SDK assemblies only" in Xcode?

• xman10xman10 USMember ✭✭
    edited October 2015

Same for my Xamarin Studio after upgrading to Version 5.9.7 (build 22). It was good in previous version. Should be a bug. Hope it get fixed soon.

• MBondarenkoMBondarenko UAMember ✭✭

I have the same error after last update.
    I have 5.10.2 (build 56) version of Xamarin Studio