Get it on Nuget!
Xamarin.Forms 1.3 will be changing the default behavior for a Grid. The default Column/RowDefinitions will be changed from Auto to Star. This is in line with about a million bug reports requesting this, user voice, and should better meet your expectations. If you are depending on the current behavior please add code to your project now to set the Row/Column definitions to Auto.
We will be putting out several pre-releases with this change so you have time to adapt.
- [iOS] Editor.Focus now works correctly
- [iOS] Editor.UnFocus now works correctly
- [iOS] Editor.IsEnabled now properly disables editing
- [iOS] Fix crash introduced in 1.2.3-pre2 when navigating using MasterDetailPage
- [iOS] Fix memory leak when changing pages using Master pane in MasterDetailPage
- [iOS] Secondary toolbar items will now clear properly and are sorted correctly
- [Android] SwitchRenderer no longer causes crashing with Navigation
- [Android] ListView selected background color now properly cleared
- [Android] Image loading reset on ImageCell
- [Android] Fix edge case where images were not loaded asynchronously in ListView
- [Android] Images no longer trigger useless layout cycle when re-used in ListView
- [Android] Minor ListView performance improvements
- [WinPhone] Switch.IsEnabled property now works correctly
- [WinPhone] Secondary toolbar items no longer occasionally duplicate themselves
Prerelease 2 Notes
In this release we have changed the base class of EntryRenderer from a ViewRenderer<Entry, Canvas> to a ViewRenderer<Entry, Grid> on Windows Phone. While it is unlikely anyone depends on this behavior, if you do you will need to update your code.
- [Android] ListView background color will no longer throw a NotFoundException in some cases
- [Android] Fix a GREF leak when dismissing keyboard (performance and memory leak)
- [Android] Keyboard now properly hides when calling Entry.Unfocus
- [WinPhone] MapRenderer is now public
- [WinPhone] Calling Picker.Items.Clear no longer crashes
- [WinPhone] Entry's inside of a ViewCell will no longer incorrectly horizontally minimize
- [WinPhone] Add support for ApplicationId and AuthToken to FormsMaps.Init (string, string), old overload remains for testing
- [iOS] MapRenderer is now public
- [iOS] ScrollView will no longer exceed its bounds (extension of previous fix to include more cases)
- [iOS] Resolve a major memory leak when popping pages from Navigation stack
- [Xaml] Fix error when saving xaml file in Xamarin Studio on Windows where the file is locked by another process
Prerelease 1 Notes
This release contains a new dll used to speed up JNI bridge invocation for Android. This is the first public release with this faster bridge.
- [Android] ListView performance increase. Especially when dealing with lots of labels or nested layouts.
- [All] Entry no longer clears one way bindings when the user enters text
- [Core] BindableObject.ClearValue now properly triggers INPC
- [Android] ScrollView will no longer crash when inside of a ViewCell
- [Android] ListView background and divider color is now based on the theme color
- [Android] ScrollView children will no longer flow outside of ScrollView bounds
- [Android] Setting MasterDetailPage.Detail should now dispose old Detail properly
- [Android] Reshowing an existing ListView will no longer crash on selection
- [Android] Fix crash in ImageRenderer during dispose cycle
- [XAML] BindableObject can now be used as a root element in XAML, not just VisualElements. Allows creating ViewCells as root objects.
- [iOS] ContentPage inside of a NavigationPage inside of TabbedPage will no longer incorrectly set the tab title from the ContentPage
- [WinPhone] EntryCell now properly supports IsEnabled