Viewing old classes

nick5454nick5454 USUniversity ✭✭✭

Is the list in the classes section including all old classes or is there a way to access archived classes? I assume there is more or at least on the university advertisement it looks like a lot more.

• rene_ruppertrene_ruppert DEXamarin Team, University, XamUProfessors Xamurai

Not sure if I understand your question. You can download class materials and watch recorded sessions at https://university.xamarin.com/classes

• nick5454nick5454 USUniversity ✭✭✭

I only see a dozen classes. Once a class is created are the materials, video, etc archived forever and the small amount is because it's somewhat new or once a class has reached a certain timespan ( say 12 months ) it is removed from the classes list?

• KarinaUngKarinaUng USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, University, XamUProfessors Xamurai

Hi @nick5454 ! We currently have 24 courses available for registration. You'll notice on the Class Catalog, most classes have downloadable materials and recordings, which we do not archive. We do, however, update materials and recordings when necessary.

You'll also notice a few classes (i.e. AND301, iOS301, iOS350, XAM410) are not available for registration, yet. These classes will be available fairly soon! We'll continue to add more classes as Xamarin University grows.

• VictorHGarciaVictorHGarcia USUniversity ✭✭

The problem of the classes is that some of they are getting old. For example Publishing an app video is using iOS 4, and we are now on version 8 and some things have been changed over the time.

I guess that is what Nick5454 wanted to say.

just my grain of salt.

Thanks.

• KarinaUngKarinaUng USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, University, XamUProfessors Xamurai

Hi @VictorHugoGarcia.4087‌ Thanks for the feedback! You're right, some of our class recordings are out-of-date; we've scheduled some time for our trainers to record these sessions, and will post updated versions as soon as we can!

• MarkSmith.8123MarkSmith.8123 USXamarin Team, University, XamUProfessors Xamurai

Hi @VictorHugoGarcia‌,

The publishing video (& course) does need updating, but more because Apple updated their site and so the screenshots are out of date. It's the same process and steps, but they are now using their "flat UI" scheme for the portal.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by it's on iOS4 .. the current video was recorded in June of this year against an iOS7 deployment.. can you expand on that point?

Thanks!
    mark