Embed Navigation Controller in Tab Bar Controller?

RonJohnsonRonJohnson USMember, University

I am trying to add a navigation controller to a tab bar interface. My app will have four tabs and on two of them, the user will be able to navigate inward once they click on certain buttons. In the link below, Apple says to choose "Embed In" under "Editor". I am looking for the same function in Xamarin Studio but cannot find it anywhere. Any help is greatly appreciated.

https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/WindowsViews/Conceptual/ViewControllerCatalog/Chapters/CombiningViewControllers.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40011313-CH6-SW2

• SebastianSeidel.9226SebastianSeidel.9226 ✭✭✭✭ DEInsider, University ✭✭✭✭

In your UiTabbarController class do the following:

public override void ViewWillAppear(bool animated)
            {
                base.ViewWillAppear(animated);

var myListNavigationController = new UINavigationController(new MyListController());
                var mySingleController = new MySingleController();

ViewControllers = new UIViewController []
                {
                    myListNavigationController,
                    mySingleController
                };

SelectedViewController = myListNavigationController;
            }

This will add two controllers to your tabbar. The first one is wrapped inside an navigation controller and the second one is not.

• AlexStrong29AlexStrong29 GBMember

How would you go about doing this in the StoryBoard Designer?

• RiazRiaz USMember

thanx @Sebastian Seidel it helps me a lot ..i am suffering to implement same and now its done .

• DavidCespedesDavidCespedes ✭✭ USMember ✭✭

For Stoyboard just grab a NavigationController from the toolbox and then Ctrl + Drag with your mouse from the navigation controller to the View Controller you want to embed in the Navigation controller.