Error when trying to Build (or Archive) while debugger set to iOS Device

jamez14jamez14 USMember

I'm encountering an issue while trying to Build or Archive my project in Xamarin Studio (version 5.2.1) on my Mac (version 10.9.4). I have my "debug" settings set to Debug and iOS Device (see attached image for more info). The error I'm receiving is:
Build failed. Can't create project output directory /Users/Builds original exception: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/Users/Builds" is denied. at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectoriesInternal (System.String path) [0x0006c] in /Volumes/build-root-ramdisk/mono-3.6.0/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/Directory.cs:114 at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory (System.String path) [0x000a4] in /Volumes/build-root-ramdisk/mono-3.6.0/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/Directory.cs:78 at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.Create () [0x00000] in /Volumes/build-root-ramdisk/mono-3.6.0/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/DirectoryInfo.cs:141 at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.DirectoryInfo:Create () at MonoDevelop.Projects.Project.OnBuild (IProgressMonitor monitor, MonoDevelop.Projects.ConfigurationSelector configuration) [0x00092] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/1063/d06832ce/source/monodevelop/main/src/core/MonoDevelop.Core/MonoDevelop.Projects/Project.cs:421 Build: 1 error, 0 warnings

If I change from using "iOS Device" to any of the other iOS Simulator options, it will build just fine with no errors. I have searched through my Mac's directories for any path that resembles the errors, but cannot find a single path that makes sense. The actual process I'm hoping to accomplish in the end is to be able to "Archive" the project via the Build>Archive menu option.

Please let me know if I can provide any further info.

Answers

• same thing here. any resolutions?

• JacobClark.5654JacobClark.5654 USMember
    edited February 2016

I figured it out, at least for me. Turns out XCode had been updated but some components were not installed. So when I opened XCode it asked to finish installing components. After that was completed my issue went away