How do I update Xamarin.Forms.Platform.WP8? (because of unresolved reference in Xamarin.Forms.Labs)

JKayJKay USMember ✭✭✭

So I just added the Nuget Package Xamarin Forms Labs (Which looks brilliant, and will save me a lot of time) but I get the error:

Error 1 Cannot resolve reference assemblies. Please check the reference assemblies. Cannot resolve dependency to assembly 'Xamarin.Forms.Platform.WP8, Version=1.1.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' because it has not been preloaded. When using the ReflectionOnly APIs, dependent assemblies must be pre-loaded or loaded on demand through the ReflectionOnlyAssemblyResolve event. C:\Users\jameskennedy\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\XamarinLabsTest\XamarinLabsTest\XamarinLabsTest.WinPhone\MainPage.xaml XamarinLabsTest.WinPhone

My Xamarin.Forms.Platform.WP8 version is 1.1.0.0 so I was wondering how I would update this? for IOs and android I just open the project in Xamarin Studio, find the reference and click update, but I can't do this for WP. How do I update the package?

Best Answer

Answers

• Som007Som007 INMember

Even i'm facing the same issue. I installed Xamarin.Forms and Xamarin.Lab from Nuget Manager with available version. And got the below error on build

Cannot resolve dependency to assembly 'Xamarin.Forms.Core, Version=1.2.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' because it has not been preloaded. When using the ReflectionOnly APIs, dependent assemblies must be pre-loaded or loaded on demand through the ReflectionOnlyAssemblyResolve event.

• Amar_BaitAmar_Bait DZMember ✭✭✭✭✭

How did you resolve this? I'm facing it now after updating to 1.2.3 Prerelease 4

• MihaMarkicMihaMarkic SI ✭✭✭✭

Try inspecting .csproj file and see if there are references to older forms versions. Usually those are at the bottom. Just remove those nodes if there are any.

• MatF_DevolisMatF_Devolis USMember

I'm facing the same issue after updating to Xamarin.Forms 1.2.3. I have the problem only on my Windows Phone project.
    @MihaMarkic‌ I've looked and cleaned my project references and none are referencing Xamarin.Forms 1.2.2.
    But this gave me an idea: looking to other referenced assemblies and bingo!

The Xamarin.Forms.Labs.Core for WP8 v1.1.1-beta2 that I was using was still referencing Xamarin.Forms v1.2.2.
    Looked after an updated version: XF.Labs.Core is now 1.2.0-pre3 and references Xamarin.Forms >= 1.2.2.

For other having the same issue: try updating your Xamarin.Forms.Labs.Core nuget package to the latest pre-release version.

Install-Package Xamarin.Forms.Labs -Pre 

• codenutzcodenutz GBMember

MatF_Devolis solved my problem, thank you!

• MikeScott8MikeScott8 USUniversity

thanks this thread helped me. I was in same position, and the posts here helped me get it fixed. Had to use the prerelase labs package.

• SabdullahSabdullah USMember ✭✭

@MatF_Devolis‌

What to do when

Install-Package Xamarin.Forms.Labs -Pre

is causing the problem instead of resolving it :)?

I had upgraded to xamarin.forms 1.3.1 but did not upgrade my xamarin.forms.labs nugets. Now, as soon as I upgrade my labs nuget, I start getting this issue saying xamarin 1.3.0 needs to be there preloaded.

I think this can't be resolved without rebuilding the xamarin.forms.labs package. Correct ?

• SKallSKall USMember ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015

@ShariqueAbdullah.7492‌ for 1.3.1 you would need to uninstall Xamarin.Forms.Labs and install XLabs.Forms (2.0-pre3). It's a breaking change and some of the namespaces will need to be refactored to reflect the changes.

Install-Package XLabs.Forms -Pre

• LeandroLancelotiLeandroLanceloti BRMember ✭✭

@ShariqueAbdullah you save my day! Thanks.

• EricSinkEricSink USMember ✭✭

Anyone know why this issue affects only WP8 and not the other two platforms?