JAVAC compiler warning when using google play service component

AnnabelAnnabel DEUniversity ✭✭

Hi,

I added the google play service component (ics) to my project following the steps on xamarin.com: http://developer.xamarin.com/guides/android/platform_features/maps_and_location/maps/

Finally it works but only with about 100 warnings in my output window like this:

Warning 19  com\google\android\gms\maps\GoogleMap.class(com\google\android\gms\maps:GoogleMap.class): major version 51 is newer than 50, the highest major version supported by this compiler.  com\google\android\gms\maps\GoogleMap$InfoWindowAdapter.class(com\google\android\gms\maps:GoogleMap$InfoWindowAdapter.class): major version 51 is newer than 50, the highest major version supported by this compiler.  D:\_DT\DankeTanke.Droid\JAVAC   DankeTanke.Droid
Warning 21  com\google\android\gms\maps\model\Marker.class(com\google\android\gms\maps\model:Marker.class): major version 51 is newer than 50, the highest major version supported by this compiler.    D:\_DT\DankeTanke.Droid\JAVAC   DankeTanke.Droid
Warning 22  com\google\ads\mediation\MediationBannerListener.class(com\google\ads\mediation:MediationBannerListener.class): major version 51 is newer than 50, the highest major version supported by this compiler.    D:\_DT\DankeTanke.Droid\JAVAC   DankeTanke.Droid
Warning 23  com\google\ads\mediation\MediationBannerAdapter.class(com\google\ads\mediation:MediationBannerAdapter.class): major version 51 is newer than 50, the highest major version supported by this compiler.  D:\_DT\DankeTanke.Droid\JAVAC   DankeTanke.Droid
Warning 24  com\google\ads\AdRequest.class(com\google\ads:AdRequest.class): major version 51 is newer than 50, the highest major version supported by this compiler.    D:\_DT\DankeTanke.Droid\JAVAC   DankeTanke.Droid
Warning 25  com\google\ads\AdRequest$ErrorCode.class(com\google\ads:AdRequest$ErrorCode.class): major version 51 is newer than 50, the highest major version supported by this compiler.    D:\_DT\DankeTanke.Droid\JAVAC   DankeTanke.Droid
Warning 26  com\google\ads\mediation\MediationInterstitialListener.class(com\google\ads\mediation:MediationInterstitialListener.class): major version 51 is newer than 50, the highest major version supported by this compiler.    D:\_DT\DankeTanke.Droid\JAVAC   DankeTanke.Droid

Are there any opportunities to get rid of this?

Thanks!

• CheesebaronCheesebaron DKInsider, University mod

You are using Java 7 instead of Java 6.

• AnnabelAnnabel DEUniversity ✭✭
    edited August 2014

Thanks Cheesbaron for your reply.
    I removed all installed Java versions and installed Java 6 (32-bit version) but still get the compiler warnings.

• chadpyburnchadpyburn USMember

having the same issue, can you please tell us what to do? I really don't want to go uninstall java and reinstall 6 especially if it didn't work for Annabel.

• chadpyburnchadpyburn USMember

Hey Annabel, thanks for sharing. I also solved it by installing the Java 8 JDK from
    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html

Just so everyone knows

• softlionsoftlion FRBeta ✭✭✭

If i uninstall old JDK (v6 and v7) and install JDK 8, i see the message "could not locate java 6 or 7 sdk".

• ChristerJensenChristerJensen DKMember ✭✭
    edited October 2014

Annabel, thanks for the detailed solution.
    For How to uninstall a Java version:

"You can uninstall older versions of Java manually in the same way as you would uninstall any other software from your Windows computer."

For more details on this, check out http://www.java.com/en/download/help/uninstall_java.xml

• MikeEEEMikeEEE USMember ✭✭✭

Thank you for this thread! Uninstalling JDK 6 from C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_36 and installing SDK 8 from the aforementioned link worked for me.

• Thank you guys, usefull the comments

• CybrosysCybrosys USMember ✭✭

Thanks @Annabel! Finally got rid of all the warnings.

I had JDK6, 7 and 8 installed, but the 64-bit versions of 7 and 8.

I removed all versions and installed the 32- and 64-bit version of JDK8, no more warnings.

• BrunoPasquiniBrunoPasquini USMember ✭✭

Hi, so I did that and now I get an error:
    1>The specified task executable location "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_39\bin\javac.exe" is invalid.
    1>Build FAILED.

Any clue on how I can fix this? The link to the sdk in tools-> options-> xamarin is the right one.