I tried to run a asp.net mvc 3.0 project on Windows 8 x64.
- installed Xamarin Studio
- installed Mono 3.0.6
- set mono as default runtime (Tools/Options)
- created new C# MVC 3 Razor project
- System.Web.Helpers, Mvc and WebPages references are colored red
- I replaced those with .Mvc and .WebPages from C:\Program Files (x86)\Mono-3.0.6\lib\mono\gac. There is no .Helpers assembly.
- Now it builds but upon Debug it yields: "Could not launch web server. The "xsp4" web server cannot be started. Please ensure that it is installed." Though there is no XSP4 shortcut I can run it if I modify StartXSP2 (to invoke xsp4).