LongTap as well as Tap Gesturer

It would be great to have LongTap along with the current Tap event/gesture available across most, if not all, views and controls within .Forms as a large proportion of apps (mine definitely!) have always used the Tap event/gesture to select or open something and the Longtap (tap and hold) event/gesture to bring up a context menu for the tapped item. This tends to apply in listviews, on images, text fields, etc etc. so anything on that or how to create ourselves would be much appreciated thanks!

Derek

• DerekPapworth.4183DerekPapworth.4183 GBMember ✭✭

Any feedback on this as to whether there's going to be LongTap (Tap and hold) available in .Forms?

Thanks

• RolfHjemdahl.6124RolfHjemdahl.6124 NOMember ✭✭

I need this to be implemented as well

• CraigDunnCraigDunn USXamarin Team Xamurai

Check out the post on reports & suggestions - this way you can vote for (and track) feature requests, which also helps us prioritize what features are most important to customers.

Someone's already added this one so make sure to vote if you like it.

• +1 for long tap. Pretty bummed this doesn't work.

• @CraigDunn‌ - any news on LongTap as standard gesture in .Forms? It's second favourite in the reports and suggestions so lots of people keen to have this as much used feature outside of .Forms for context menus etc.

• CraigDunnCraigDunn USXamarin Team Xamurai

Sorry, nothing I can share. You can see what's coming in the short term is already in the pre-release packages. Beyond that we're still prioritizing and planning.

• Longtap??? :)