Visual Studio 2013 & Xamarin/iOS new setup - first deployment to iPhone device fails

ossentooossentoo GBMember ✭✭

Hi,

I've created my first iOS project (which is essentially just a new iOS Xamarin Single View application. I've setup the Mac with a build host (I think correctly). Visual Studio and the Mac are paired.

I'm now trying to deploy for the first time - but keep getting errors. This appears in the build output when I try to deploy:

uild started.
1>Server returned an error. The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
1>Server error code: 500
1>Internal Server Error
1><?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>Packager failure during build
1>Exception thrown: Object reference not set to an instance of an objectfalse
1>
1>Remote build step failed.
1>Build FAILED.
========== Deploy: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

In the Mac Server Log - I get:

[2014-06-21 21:26:38.4] Resource Names : System.String[]

The VS 2013 configuration is set to Debug/iPhone.

Strangely when I get the build configuration to iPhoneSimulator - I get the simulator opening up on the Mac (although of course I'd like to use the iPhone device itself on the PC).

So, what could be the problem?

thanks

Oscar

• josemiguel.torresjosemiguel.torres ESXamarin Team Xamurai

Hey Oscar,

Could you take a look at Xamarin Build Host log? just go to Xamarin.iOS Build Host menu -> View Build Host Log... (or Command + L shortcut)... let me know if there is further information about the error.

On the other hand, could you try to deploy to your iPhone ffrom Xamarin Studio?

thanks!!

• PaulDivanPaulDivan USMember ✭✭

I am getting the same thing when I try to deploy from Visual Studio 2013 on my laptop through my Mac Mini. It's going to get really complicated if I have to develop on Visual Studio and then copy the project files over the Mac in order to deploy to the iPhone for testing. Is there a better solution than that?

• DinisVieiraDinisVieira PTMember ✭✭

PaulDivan, I also had a similar problem.
    Please check if you have your provisioning profiles set correctly.
    You must create them a set them in the "properties" inside the VS project.
    I can guide you through the steps if you want to.

PS: It could also be because of this http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/19638/trialcheckchanges-failure-during-build-ios#latest