Multiple apps single project

Hello,

I'm developing an app that is the skeleton of several apps who differ by the JSONs loaded.

Is there way to create different apps without create a copy of the master project? I know each app depends on an unique ID.

Any solution?

Thanks

• JonDouglasJonDouglas USXamarin Team, University, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

Hey there!

Your question is a little vague to me, are you referring to dynamic loading of items inside an application based on the JSON response you get back?

• GianlucaGalazzoGianlucaGalazzo ITMember

Hi jon,

Let's say I have to make "Finds Restaurants", "Find Hotels", "Find Parking" and so on... they will have all the same skeleton but differs by the JSON loaded and of course Logos.

I wish to find a solution to avoid to have 10 apps. I prefer to change some variables then to manage 10 different projects.

Thanks

• JonDouglasJonDouglas USXamarin Team, University, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

So each application will look the same, but with different data and logos/images/colors?

You can do something like this, but it will be very limited as you won't be able to change things on the application like the Launcher Icon. I would think there's a couple ways to do it:

1. Have all the files/images inside the application and then set the different resources based on the JSON response. (i.e. Company = ???)

2. Send back the respective resources in your JSON response and set them inside your application (May want to look into caching/etc)

• KMullinsKMullins USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

What you might be able to do is use a Shared Project to hold all of the code of the app and create a solution with a new project for each app that just consumes the "core" with the specific imagery and data for each app in the specific project.

That way you should only end up with the bits you'd be wanting to change anyway in the individual projects.

Hope that helps!

Kevin

• GianlucaGalazzoGianlucaGalazzo ITMember

Hello,

I created a new platform specific project adding as compiling dependency the "core" portable project who of course sets the JSONs to load and were I can set specific icons.

That's great, really powerful!