Forum Xamarin.iOS

Create Xamarin iOS binding for AirConsole Swift Library

NageshDegilNageshDegil USMember ✭✭
edited February 27 in Xamarin.iOS

We know that AirConsole has released iOS SDK version 1.66 due to the iOS 14 Local Network Privacy feature.

Right now this library is only available in the Swift version, I need this for the Xamarin, so is there anyone who has already made this library available for Xamarin?

Although I'm trying to bind an AirConsole iOS SDK to Xamarin in the meantime but the .framework file is missing in Swift SDK(This file is required in the binding steps - Please see below pic). I've followed the instructions at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/ios/platform/binding-swift/walkthrough![]

I appreciate any suggestions from the community on the binding process.

Best Answer

Answers

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited March 3

Hi , NageshDegil

Which SDK are you using now ? Can you attach the SDK link here ?

We need to reproduce your problem for further troubleshooting .

Xamarin forums are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!
    We invite you to post new questions in the Xamarin forums’ new home on Microsoft Q&A!
    For more information, please refer to this sticky post.

• NageshDegilNageshDegil USMember ✭✭

@ColeX
    We are using Xamarin binding for Air Console SDK 1.51 for Wi-Fi connection in Xamarin iOS app. This library doesn’t support with iOS 14 and above with Local network changes (introduced by Apple).

We found that Air Console has released a new SDK 1.66 for Local network changes. This library is written in Swift and need to be convert it into Xamarin. In order to convert this SDK into Xamarin we need .Framework file which is missing from the setup.

Link to SDK file: support.get-console.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524989-ios-sdk

@NageshDegil

I don't see any sdk file in the link , there is only a dmg file .

@ColeX
    After expanding the DMG file, you will see the AirConsoleSwift folder (this is the source code of the SDK).
    Anyway, I'm sending you a zip file of SDK.

edited March 3 Accepted Answer

@NageshDegil

I see the static library file with .a extension and .h file in folder AirConsole-iOS-SDK\AirConsole-iOS-SDK\lib , and ApiDefinitions.cs , StructsAndEnums.cs in folder AirConsole-iOS-SDK\AirConsole-iOS-SDK\lib\AirconsoleSwift .

With the files you should be able to create binding library, refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/ios/platform/binding-objective-c/walkthrough?tabs=macos .

edited March 3

I was trying the following command and I did not notice the output generated folder(~/lib/AirconsoleSwift) which contains ApiDefinitions.cs , StructsAndEnums.cs

sharpie bind --output=**AirconsoleSwift** --namespace=**AirconsoleSwift** --sdk=iphoneos14.4 -scope /Users/nagesh/Downloads/AirConsole/AirConsole-iOS-SDK/AirconsoleSwift/**AirconsoleSwift/lib** /Users/nagesh/Downloads/AirConsole/AirConsole-iOS-SDK/AirconsoleSwift/AirconsoleSwift/lib/*.h

Anyway, thank you so much @ColeX ! I am finally able to build a library for Xamarin.