Forum Xamarin.Forms

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

SocketAsyncResult.CheckIfThrowDelayedException

AwodamAwodam ATMember ✭✭

Hello there,

I posted my application in the app store and I have 1200 uses per day but I have a problem, I get 100-200 following errors per day from my users. What is the reason of this? I have a web service connection over soap in my application, I wonder where I make a mistake, it works and it doesn't work, it's ridiculous, isn't it?

Details:
SocketAsyncResult.CheckIfThrowDelayedException ()
Socket.EndConnect (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult)
WebConnection+<>c.b__16_1 (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult)
TaskFactory1[TResult].FromAsyncCoreLogic (System.IAsyncResult iar, System.Func2[T,TResult] endFunction, System.Action1[T] endAction, System.Threading.Tasks.Task1[TResult] promise, System.Boolean requiresSynchronization)
WebConnection.Connect (System.Net.WebOperation operation, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken)

Yours truly.

Answers

• LeonLuLeonLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

If your application was moved to the background? iOS has a limitation that app was in the background(Tasks are under a strict time limit, and typically get about 600 seconds (10 minutes) of processing time after an application has moved to the background). User are using a web service connection over soap when application in the background.

Xamarin forums are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!
    We invite you to post new questions in the Xamarin forums’ new home on Microsoft Q&A!
    For more information, please refer to this sticky post.

• AwodamAwodam ATMember ✭✭
    edited March 3

I'm working with xamarin forms, not just for ios, and I have the same problem, for example android.

You can try to put your code about web service connection over soap in foreground service., when your application in background, if you get the same issue?

I do not call a web service while my application is in the background.

Due to I cannot reproduce your issue, you can open a support ticket(not free) for this issue.

https://support.serviceshub.microsoft.com/supportforbusiness/onboarding?origin=/supportforbusiness/create?sapId=211dd84f-3474-c3c5-79bf-66db630c92a6

Xamarin Community Forums is moving to Microsoft Q&A!
    For new questions: we invite you to post new questions in the Xamarin forums’ new home on Microsoft Q&A!
    For existing questions: follow up is still in service until April 15th, 2021.
    For more information, please refer to this sticky post.

Why i get this error on android?