The files I updated that caused this issue were when I updated the following files to the newer version
Xamarin.AndroidX.MediaRouter 1.2.1 -> 220.127.116.11
Xamarin.AndroidX.LeanBack 18.104.22.168 -> 22.214.171.124
Xamarin.AndroidX.Palette 126.96.36.199 -> 188.8.131.52
when I rolled the files back I no longer have the issue
Updating from Xamarin.Google.Android.Material from 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 caused me this issue! I had to revert it to be able to run my app on Android.
Xamarin Inc., as a wholly-owned Microsoft subsidiary acting as a separate legal entity, adheres to the Microsoft Privacy Statement: Privacy & cookies