Forum Xamarin.iOS

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Rejected App due to HealthKit (HealthKit is not referenced)

The problem is that most of the solutions suggest to link framework SDK's only which would in fact solve the issue. However, my app crashes with this linker behaviour. Therefore, I have to use the "Don't Link" behaviour.

I have used additional mtouch arguments --linkskip=HealthKit and --xml=File.xml, but I could still see HealthKit Functionalities when checked with
strings <> | grep Health,

Also I have included the XML file with additional linker options,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<linker>
    <assembly fullname="Xamarin.iOS">
        <type fullname="HealthKit" preserve="none"/>
    </assembly>
</linker>

and even in the simple Sample application, without even referencing any HealthKit, all the HealthKit functionalities has been linked, I have attached the same sample application and screenshot as well. Kindly provide any solution for this issue ASAP, as my iOS app is getting delayed.

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

I would suggest you fix the issue you have with Link Framework SDKs. Find out what library isn't being linked in and force it to be. Otherwise, even if you do get this to work, your app will be much larger than it needs to be.

• SrinivasTMSrinivasTM Member ✭✭

@JohnH, Since I am using the third party vendor libraries, I am not able to use Link Framework SDKs, as this linker behaviour leads to app crash, please provide me with any other feasible solution for "Don't Link" linker behaviour.

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

As I said, you need to fix the issues with Link Framework SDKs. Find out which library is failing, then fix the failure.