Forum Xamarin.iOS

How to get IPA and upload to TestFlight

sisaackssisaacks Member ✭✭✭

Okay, I am developing on a windows box, I have a mac for a build server.
Last year I was able to archive on visual studio windows and create an IPA file.
I was then able to go to Test Flight and upload the IPA file.

Now when I archive, I do not get an IPA and Testflight no longer has the IPA upload.
Can someone please explain to me how the world to get my xamarin ios app to testflight???

Tagged:

Best Answer

• sisaackssisaacks Member ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

So I figured out my own issue. Archive does not actually create the IPA. For IOS building in release mode creates the IPA file in the IOS project BIN folder.

You cannot upload an IPA directly from a windows box. But what you can do, if using a MAC as a build server:

1. On the MAC go to the APP store and download the Transporter App
    2. Open the Transporter App
    3. Go back to your windows box, right click on the IOS project and select Show IPA on build sever
    4. Go back to the MAC, you will now see the IPA selected in a folder. Copy the IPA to the desktop on the MAC
    5. Click Add App on the Transport App. Navigate to your desktop and select the IPA file.
    6. You can then verify or submit...I would recommend verify first...it lets you know anything that may be wrong with your app.

Answers

• YelinzhYelinzh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Now when I archive, I do not get an IPA and Testflight no longer has the IPA upload.

What's the version of the VS on your pc? Try updating it to the lastest stable version for test. If it doesn't work, try to empty the bin and obj folder of the project.

Here is the simliar issue case, you could refer to:
    https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/958379/i-cant-generate-ipa-file-in-release-mode-in-archiv.html

Xamarin forums are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!
    We invite you to post new questions in the Xamarin forums’ new home on Microsoft Q&A!
    For more information, please refer to this sticky post.

• sisaackssisaacks Member ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

So I figured out my own issue. Archive does not actually create the IPA. For IOS building in release mode creates the IPA file in the IOS project BIN folder.

You cannot upload an IPA directly from a windows box. But what you can do, if using a MAC as a build server:

1. On the MAC go to the APP store and download the Transporter App
    2. Open the Transporter App
    3. Go back to your windows box, right click on the IOS project and select Show IPA on build sever
    4. Go back to the MAC, you will now see the IPA selected in a folder. Copy the IPA to the desktop on the MAC
    5. Click Add App on the Transport App. Navigate to your desktop and select the IPA file.
    6. You can then verify or submit...I would recommend verify first...it lets you know anything that may be wrong with your app.