Forum Libraries, Components, and Plugins

IOS CrossPermissions.Current.RequestPermissionAsync<LocationPermission>()

For some reason on IOS its not returning from this call. I get the popup but when I select an option I never get a return....has anyone seen this?

Answers

• sisaackssisaacks Member ✭✭✭

I mean it literally just stops my code process....this works absolutely fine on Android

• YelinzhYelinzh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Hi, sisaacks. I created a basic demo to test the function and faced the same issue. The status will not be returned after requesting the location permission. I also tested the Essentials.Permissions api, the result is the same. However, if you request another permission like camera, the code will work fine. It may be a potential issue and someone has reported it on github.
    Check the link: https://github.com/xamarin/Essentials/issues/1390

If the topic couldnot wrap your problem, you could report a new issue to the author on github.

Xamarin forums are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!
    We invite you to post new questions in the Xamarin forums’ new home on Microsoft Q&A!
    For more information, please refer to this sticky post.

@Yelinzh the link you provided says that has been fixed...however I have upgraded and still have the same issue as that person described.

@Yelinzh I am using Plugin Permissions from @JamesMontemagno
    I created a bug on github under the plugin. Not sure if @JamesMontemagno will respond.
    Sounds like on IOS 14 they changed something, so I am assuming the plugin needs to be updated.
    I dont really understand IOS and needing for constant change

• YelinzhYelinzh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Sounds like on IOS 14 they changed something, so I am assuming the plugin needs to be updated.

You could report your the requirement as a feature request to the author. And please share the link of the topic, it'll also help others who face the similar problem.