Forum Xamarin.iOS

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Apple TV (tvOS) app too large

jamesdlowjamesdlow Member ✭✭

I'm trying to build my tvOS app for the AppStore. It's way too big at over 400MB. For comparison, the iOS app which uses the same libraries, just with a Xamarin.Forms UI rather than UIKIT is only 40MB.

I've tried all 3 linker settings, All, Frameworks, and None. They all lead to large app sizes, although with link all it was over 1GB. The DLLs total only a few MB in the package, but the main binary is the part over 400MB

I created the tvOS project from the template within Xamarin. I did have to add the AppStore target to the .csproj XML file, and it seems to still be outputting the build files to bin\iPhone\Release, rather than bin\iPhone\AppStore which I have specified in the tag.

Tagged:

• jamesdlowjamesdlow Member ✭✭

I have one thing to update. I just checked the Release->iPhone Simulator build. (same settings), it's small, so it's like the AppStore build isn't picking up the settings.

• NghiaBuiNghiaBui USMember

Same question here. Anybody can help?

• jamesdlowjamesdlow Member ✭✭

I managed to track mine down to my own common library .dll which I use in my projects. Once I include and use code in that, the linker makes the build really big. I am using the same library on iOS though and the build is 1/10th the size.