Forum Xamarin.iOS

I can't create a LaunchScreen.storyboard without getting a "Something went wrong" error.

GrimeGrime Member ✭✭
edited November 2020 in Xamarin.iOS

I code on a 64-bit acer laptop in VS 2019 which is paired with a Mac mini. Apart from emulators and simulators, I deploy to a Nexus 6 plugged into the laptop and an iPhone 11 plugged into the Mac.
I have successfully created a number of simple apps although have yet to publish anything on the stores.
At the moment I'm trying to create splash/launch screens for an app. Android works fine but I'm having issues in iOS.
This error pops up whenever I double click on my storyboard, or if I delete it and add a new one. When the error comes up, the laptop IS paired to the Mac.
Yesterday, I updated VS on both the laptop and the Mac, and updated Xcode on the Mac. Obviously, both have been rebooted.
I have googled this ad nauseam, with no joy.
Any thoughts?

Answers

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited November 2020

Hi , could you provide the version information of visual studio?

You can get it from

Mac : Visual Studio - About Visual Studio - Copy information .

Windows : Help - About Visual Studio - Copy Info.

It also helps us to diagnose the issue if you attach the build log here (Help -> Xamarin -> Open Logs) .

• GrimeGrime Member ✭✭

@ColeX said:
    Hi , could you provide the version information of visual studio?
    It also helps us to diagnose the issue if you attach the build log here (Help -> Xamarin -> Open Logs) .

Your three requests are included as attachments. Thanks in anticipation.

It seems everything is up to date on your side .

Could you try to reconnect the mac agent or try to open a new storyboard to see if problem persists?

• GrimeGrime Member ✭✭

The issue remains. I have the same setup and I get the same result.

I am paired with my mac Mini and when I create a new storyboard, I get the "Something went wrong" error.

• GrimeGrime Member ✭✭
    edited December 2020

The screenshot shows that the Mac is paired AND with the error popup.

edited December 2020

Sorry for late response , it seems that xamarin does not support storyboards preview on windows since Visual Studio 2019 version 16.9, you could open and edit the storyboard on mac .

Check https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/ios/user-interface/storyboards/ .