Before you purchase any license, you might want to know

BihChengBihCheng MYMember

I'm going to write in to see whether I can get refund for my Indie license. Let me share with you for those trying out coding in Xamarin, half way through, hoping to meet deadline from company and then wham, you discovered this:

1) It is not published at its pricing page that license is tied to your computer device (example limit to 2 machines)

2) It is also not published or make known to buyer that when you go to Project Options --> Build --> Android Build, there is an option "Embed assemblies in native code" that requires Xamarin Android Enterprise Edition!

On a subjective note, it is also misleading that it didn't state that Xamarin cannot port JAR file directly (as in click and import) and requires coding / mapping class to port it over tat requires familiarity with both C# and Java.

• JonDouglasJonDouglas USXamarin Team, University, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

Hey @BihCheng‌,

Sorry that you've ran into some issues, but maybe I can help clarify some items?

1) Each license(iOS/Android) is attached to a developer, and that developer can have up to 4 active computers to develop on.

2) Unfortunately it's only in the Enterprise Edition currently, but you can voice your opinion here by adding some votes and comments! http://xamarin.uservoice.com/forums/144858-xamarin-product-suggestions/suggestions/6048880-enable-embed-assemblies-in-native-code-for-indie

3) You can find more information about how you can use existing JARs/code in your Xamarin.Android apps here:

http://developer.xamarin.com/guides/android/advanced_topics/java_integration_overview/

For your overall concern with a refund, it would be best to contact [email protected]

Hope this helps!

• DaveHuntDaveHunt USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

1) The limit is 4 computers. Considering that subscriptions are per platform per developer, 4 computers per subscrition seems more than adequate.

2) It is covered in the Pricing FAQ:

What is the difference between Business and Enterprise?

Xamarin Enterprise includes all of the features of Xamarin Business, as well as a technical kickoff session and technical account manager, one-day response time Service Level Agreement (SLA), access to hotfix releases, and over $500 in pre-built app components including local data encryption with SQLCipher and the SAP Mobile .NET SDK, and the ability to protect managed assemblies by embedding them in native binaries. See the full product comparison chart.

• DaveHuntDaveHunt USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

1) The limit is 4 computers. Considering that subscriptions are per platform per developer, 4 computers per subscrition seems more than adequate.

2) It is covered in the Pricing FAQ:

What is the difference between Business and Enterprise?

Xamarin Enterprise includes all of the features of Xamarin Business, as well as a technical kickoff session and technical account manager, one-day response time Service Level Agreement (SLA), access to hotfix releases, and over $500 in pre-built app components including local data encryption with SQLCipher and the SAP Mobile .NET SDK, and the ability to protect managed assemblies by embedding them in native binaries. See the full product comparison chart.