Forum Xamarin.Forms

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

(NullReferenceException) Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Mars07Mars07 USMember ✭✭

I am working on a xamarin forms application. I got this error captured in firebase, what could be the possible root cause of this.

TestPageViewModel.OnShellNavigatingIn(System.String sender, Xamarin.Forms.ShellNavigatingEventArgs args)[0x000c1] (TestPageViewModel0x000c1.cs:1) ViewModelBase.<Initialize>b__118_1(System.String sender, Xamarin.Forms.ShellNavigatingEventArgs args)[0x0006e] (ViewModelBase0x0006e.cs:1) System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore+<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__7_0(System.Object state)[0x00000] (AsyncMethodBuilderCorec0x00000.cs:1) Android.App.SyncContext+<>c__DisplayClass2_0.<Post>b__0()[0x00000] (SyncContextc__DisplayClass2_00x00000.cs:1) Java.Lang.Thread+RunnableImplementor.Run()[0x00008] (ThreadRunnableImplementor0x00008.cs:1) Java.Lang.IRunnableInvoker.n_Run(System.IntPtr jnienv, System.IntPtr native__this)[0x00009] (IRunnableInvoker0x00009.cs:1) at (wrapper dynamic-method) Android.Runtime.DynamicMethodNameCounter.26(intptr,intptr). (unknown.cs:1)

This is happening on OS version: 10
Model: Galaxy S10+
App version: 7.0.0 (700)

I'm unable to reproduce this issue.
This is the first time I'm working on such issue and I need some help to resolve this.
I'm suspecting this exception is getting thrown in some background thread which I'm unable to track.
Any help is appreciated!

Answers

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

There is no more useful information but it seems that the crash happens in TestPageViewModel class .

I suggest you open the thread here after you can stably reproduce the issue .