Forum Visual Studio

Stop Updating Already!

PhunctionPhunction CAMember ✭✭✭
edited November 2020 in Visual Studio

Hi, can someone please tell me how to stop VS 2019 from auto updating the ios packages? I have VS Updates on manual, my Mac does not update, yet every time there is a new iOS version VS automatically updates. For example, I was just working with iOS for 14.1 when it just suddenly decided it was time to go to iOS 14.2, no notice, no nothing and it screws up my work flow.

Message is Updating XCode Package blah blah, etc etc

How do I turn that off?

Best Answer

Answers

• PhunctionPhunction CAMember ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

Great Thanks. I had it turned off in VS Installer but I guess that is only for visual studio itself.

Quick question, how do I manually initiate the install for things like the latest iOS without updating VS itself, do I just re-enable this option then wait?

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

how do I manually initiate the install for things like the latest iOS without updating VS itself

We can't separately install the Xamarin iOS package without updating the VS. They are packaged.
    It's different from VS for Mac.

That is what I thought, but VS will not update to the latest version on its own as I have it set to manual so I have to use VS Installer to update, however as I stated above, the packages do auto update on their own. Hopefully the setting you showed will stop that part.

Ok, looks like this did not help, it automatically updated the iOS SDK to 14.3 today, so is it even possible to stop it?