Forum Visual Studio
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

VS2019 Xamarin Forms built APK

RodionPRodionP Member ✭✭

Hi,

I'm using VS2019 to generate an APK and AndroidManifest.xml is not what I have under my Properties. I want to explicitly remove "uses-permission" for Camera since my App may be used both by devices with camera and without. I do have a NuGet dependency on a library that uses Camera, however that feature is disableable within software itself.

When I do Archive and Distribute using VS2019, it produces a completely different AndroidManifest.xml than the one I have (and want to use). It adds a whole lot more to it, things that I don't need.

As a result, when I publish my app on google play, devices not having camera show as not supported... Perhaps I'm not using VS2019 correctly or missing a settings somewhere?

Please advise...

Thank you

Answers