Forum Xamarin.Forms

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Images caching in CollectionView

ilia_misjurailia_misjura Member ✭✭
edited November 2020 in Xamarin.Forms

Hello my friends, i ignored this long time, but now i want to understand the essence how images loading works in CollectionView on iOS. It's working OK on Android, but on iOS I observe the following effect when images are loading in CollectionView. Initially there is a random pic (one from list i guess) and after this substitute on real image exactly what it should be. I'm using Xamarin.Forms 4.8.0.1351, but this issue existing in upper and downer versions. What i have to do fix this?

Answers

• YelinzhYelinzh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Initially there is a random pic (one from list i guess) and after this substitute on real image exactly what it should be.

This issue is caused by reusing the content of the cell. To fix the issue, try creating the custom renderer to disable the reuse or delete the content before reuse.

You could also try using the ListView that provides the ListViewCachingStrategy property to change the strategies of caching.

• ilia_misjurailia_misjura Member ✭✭

@Jarvan thanks for reply, do you have some renderer samples? ListView is not suitable because i need GridItemsLayout

• YelinzhYelinzh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

I'm using Xamarin.Forms 4.8.0.1351, but this issue existing in upper and downer versions.

Will this collectionView work fines on 4.8.0.1351?

do you have some renderer samples? ListView is not suitable because i need GridItemsLayout

Sorry, when coding about the custom collectionView? I get that the work involves the source code that cannot be touched. You could report the issue to the product team on github for a solution.