Forum Xamarin.iOS

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

How to have no Xamarin.ios spash and no display

dbelldbell Member ✭✭

This Xamarin.ios app on iPhone must have no splash and no display whatsoever and must leave previous app displayed.

Is is launched by an Objective-C app and it only runs for a short time and then ends itself, leaving screen of the ObjC app always displayed

I need the app that launched it to remain in focus.

USAGE STEPS...

I open the ObjC app, which has command buttons
I press button that starts my Xamarin.ios app which should have no display at all
ObjC app button menu remains displayed
Xamarin.ios app runs and then ends itself
ObjC app button menu remains
Please help -- am under the "time gun"

Answers

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

All iOS apps need to have a page to display, it wouldn't get through Apple review otherwise.
    It sounds like you want the app to be a service of some kind?
    Also, iOS apps cannot end themselves, that is against Apple guidelines.

• dbelldbell Member ✭✭

It is for In-house only. Any way to eliminate display. Will never to to Apple store.
    It's actually a temporary solution -- to eventually replaced by a lib.

That's okay if it can't end itself. It can stay open till user closes.

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

I press button that starts my Xamarin.ios app which should have no display at all

This is impossible , iOS application must have a root window to display , we can't make it invisible.