Forum Cross Platform with Xamarin
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

PCL Object Structure Stability?

Should objects in the PCL be structurally stable independent of the platform? E.g., if in VS I break on the same code line in either a iOS or Android debug session and look at the watch on a variable, should the variable structure be the same, i.e. exactly the same properties are present.

Answers

• LeonLuLeonLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Based on my research, I think the vairable structure should be the same. Before running to the specific platform, the PCL code will be translate the same object in the platform.

• alaskanroguealaskanrogue USMember ✭✭✭

In the captures below are of DataServiceQuery request and result quick watches, the left being conducted on UWP and the right on Android emulators. The UWP is successful, the Android fails. Trying to compare the same objects, they don't appear to be the same object. The basis of my initial question. The reason for my question was trying to figure out why the same request parameters result in a failure; that failure be "Could not create SSL/TLS connection" [HResult: 2146233079] which is recorded in the Android result.

Based on your error message, please make sure if you have enabled the TLS 1.2 for your android platform.

• alaskanroguealaskanrogue USMember ✭✭✭

Native TLS 1.2+ is already enabled.