Forum Libraries, Components, and Plugins
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

I am using Octane VideoPlayer inside CollectionView, Black screen coming initially.

I am trying to achive youtube king behaviour.
Whatever the first item visibiling in collection view that video only should play, remaining all should not play.
Please help me on this.

By default all videos are initially coming as black screen.

Answers

• jezhjezh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Whatever the first item visibiling in collection view that video only should play, remaining all should not play.
    Please help me on this.

According to the information you have provided, it is difficult for us to locate the problem.

Could you please post more information about your question( e.g. a gif or some screenshots ) and some code snippets so that we can try to reproduce this question?

Besides, is there any log about this question?

• hari4b7hari4b7 Member ✭✭

Please find above image, where first item is showing as black screen, because it taking time to load. Instead of black screen i want to show placeholder for that video.

• jezhjezh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

You can try to put your video on the top of a placeholder image .
    Until the download is done the Image box is transparent and shows the placeholder. Once the video is complete it covers over the placeholder image.

You can refer to the following code:

<Grid>
          <Image Source="{Binding placeholderPath}"/>
           <YourVideo />
    <Grid>

• hari4b7hari4b7 Member ✭✭

How to know the video download is complete or not?

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

It's better to raise issues here:
    https://github.com/adamfisher/Xamarin.Forms.VideoPlayer/issues
    Ask the author whether it has a placeholder for the loading.