Forum Xamarin.Forms

What does "SIGABRT: A task was canceled." mean?

stesvisstesvis USMember ✭✭✭✭

This is one of the common error logs i see in AppCenter for my app:

SIGABRT: A task was canceled.

NativeMessageHandler.SendAsync (System.Net.Http.HttpRequestMessage request, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken)
HttpClient.FinishSendAsyncBuffered (System.Threading.Tasks.Task1[TResult] sendTask, System.Net.Http.HttpRequestMessage request, System.Threading.CancellationTokenSource cts, System.Boolean disposeCts) ApiWrapper1[T].Get (System.String url, System.Boolean requiresToken)
WorkOrdersApiService.Get (System.Int32 id)
WorkOrderDetailsPageViewModel.ReloadWorkOrder (System.Int32 workOrderId)
WorkOrderDetailsPageViewModel.OnWorkOrderUpdated3 (LiveDispatch.Mobile.ViewModels.CompleteWorkOrderPageViewModel arg1, LiveDispatch.Mobile.DTOs.WorkOrderDTO arg2)
AsyncMethodBuilderCore+<>c.b__7_0 (System.Object state)
NSAsyncSynchronizationContextDispatcher.Apply ()
(wrapper managed-to-native) UIKit.UIApplication.UIApplicationMain(int,string[],intptr,intptr)
UIApplication.Main (System.String[] args, System.IntPtr principal, System.IntPtr delegate)
UIApplication.Main (System.String[] args, System.String principalClassName, System.String delegateClassName)
Application.Main (System.String[] args)

I googled it and it looks like it's a connection issue.
Is there something I can do about it in the backend? Or is it really just poor connection and there's nothing I can do?

I use a singleton HttpClient, in case it's relevant to know, and the backend is a .NET MVC project...

Tagged:

Answers

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Can you reproduce this when debugging the project?
    I can't spot the issue due to the logs you posted above.
    Did your application crash or it can't connect to the appcenter service?

• stesvisstesvis USMember ✭✭✭✭

@LandLu it can connect to AppCenter, in fact that is the error I see in AppCenter :smile:

I can never reproduce it, I just go to AppCenter and see a bunch of these errors and I am wondering what could cause them.
    It happens to some customers but they can't explain, i am also not in direct contact with many of them.

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

It's better to stably reproduce the issue on your side. And then we could talk about the workaround.
    I can't get what caused this issue based on the logs you posted as I said above.
    Maybe, you could seek the help of App Center support.

• stesvisstesvis USMember ✭✭✭✭

I found a way to simulate slow connection with Xcode additional tools and I was able to get the API calls to fail with the same errors that are logged:

• A task was canceled
    • The operation timed out
    • Etc. etc.

So I guess that's the answer, now it's just up to me to decide what to do to handle those scenarios.

For those interested, I followed these steps:
    https://www.natashatherobot.com/simulate-bad-network-ios-simulator/