Forum General
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

How to sign a UWP app with Trusted Certificate for non-store release?

Goutham_HasProblemsGoutham_HasProblems Member ✭✭✭
edited September 10 in General

I have been using a self-signed certificate to sign and test my UWP application. Now, I want to release this application to the customer, for which I will require a trusted certificate to sign the application with before release. Now, I understand that Visual Studio expects a Personal Information Exchange(.pfx) file to sign the UWP application with.

I can get a trusted certificate from any Certificate Authority(CA), but what I would like to know is:

1. Will I be able to get the code signing certificate in a .pfx format from the CA?
  2. What if I don't? Is there a way to convert the provided certificate to a .pfx format? I have already done that for my self signed certificate using Export-PfxCertificate. Can I do the same with this trusted certificate?