Forum Xamarin Cross Platform with Xamarin

GeolocationRequest Altitude issue on first attempt

Currently using a Samsung Galaxy S10.
I am seeing something strange with Gelocation.
I send the request the first time and it comes back almost immediately.....and altitude is null.
I press the button again, the request takes longer and altitude is returned.
Why????

public static async Task GetCurrentLocation()
{
Location location = null;
string title = "Geo Location Services";

try
        {
            GeolocationRequest request = new GeolocationRequest(GeolocationAccuracy.Best, new TimeSpan(0,0,0,10));
            location = await Geolocation.GetLocationAsync(request);
        }
        catch (FeatureNotSupportedException fnsEx)
        {
            App.logger.Error($"Location Untility GetCurrentLocation: {fnsEx.Message.ToString()}");
            await Application.Current.MainPage.DisplayAlert(title, "Feature not suppported.", "Ok");
        }
        catch (FeatureNotEnabledException fneEx)
        {
            App.logger.Error($"Location Untility GetCurrentLocation: {fneEx.Message.ToString()}");
            await Application.Current.MainPage.DisplayAlert(title, "Feature not enabled.", "Ok");
        }
        catch (PermissionException pEx)
        {
            App.logger.Error($"Location Untility GetCurrentLocation: {pEx.Message.ToString()}");
            await Application.Current.MainPage.DisplayAlert(title, "Feature permission not granted.", "Ok");
        }
        catch (Exception ex)
        {
            App.logger.Error($"Location Untility GetCurrentLocation: {ex.Message.ToString()}");
            await Application.Current.MainPage.DisplayAlert(title, "Feature not available.", "Ok");
        }

return location;

}

Answers

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

I see you set best Accuracy when requesting location , can you switch the Accuracy to Medium in code or select High Accuracy in device settings , refer to here .

If problem persists i suggest you use Xam.Plugin.Geolocator , refer to here .