Forum Xamarin

iOS - Will brand new Xamarin Developers fail to develop even a test project right now?

If you update your VS for Mac, Xamarin and Xcode to the latest, would a new developer get any joy right now? - I do not think so, I think they will all say Xamarin sucks and leave. Right now I can't get the VS debug/Device to ungrey out so I can pick a physical device, I have tried different cables and different fully updated iphones. You can get it to work on a simulator, but not on the device, and if you submit to apple store / test flight, it gets rejected by the apple folks, as the app crashes at the splash screen. This is happening to an existing app that was working just fine before any updates.
Microsoft page
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/releasenotes/vs2019-mac-relnotes#knownissues

Says "The stable channel build of Visual Studio for Mac does not support Xcode 12"

So basically any one new, updating latest everything is just screwed right? Correct me if am wrong? But what kind of message is this sending out?

I'd love to be corrected, anyone with more connections than I, can you verify this? or am I not doings something right?

Best Answer

• EmpiresOfLoreInXmFmsEmpiresOfLoreInXmFms Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Think I went on a wild goose chase, I think the issue is that VS Mac loses the info.plist build and ios project settings very easily, even if you save them they disappear really easily. I think it was this causing the app to crash once successfully loaded into test flight.

Answers

• Soundman32Soundman32 USMember ✭✭

Is it a provisioning issue? If you open the iOS project and find iOS Bundle Signing in the options, what is 'Signing Identity' and 'Provisioning Profile' set to?

Is it actually an Apple problem?

• No its none of the usual provisioning issues... I am just trying to rollback now (hours later) and resubmit..
    This line on ms documentation, has me concerned...
    "The stable channel build of Visual Studio for Mac does not support Xcode 12"

edited September 4

Accepted Answer

Think I went on a wild goose chase, I think the issue is that VS Mac loses the info.plist build and ios project settings very easily, even if you save them they disappear really easily. I think it was this causing the app to crash once successfully loaded into test flight.