Forum Xamarin.iOS
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Trying to use Xamarin.firebase.ios.analytics nuget

OnedayOneday GBMember ✭✭✭

Hi All

I tried to adapt the code for xamarin.forms I found on the site below
https://www.thewissen.io/using-firebase-analytics-in-your-xamarin-forms-app/

However, when I tried to build the App, it fails with MTOUCH error such as

MT5210: Native linking failed, undefined symbol: *. Please verify that all the necessary frameworks have been referenced and native libraries are properly linked in.

I eventually found that my App only builds after I remove the nuget, and when I add the nuget to a brand new template App, without any code from me, the App fails to build.

When I tried to remove the additional MTOUCH arguments from the build options, they had vanished, I searched the web and edited my csproj file repeatedly, to no avail cos they kept re appearing in the xml, eventually I re created the App and re imported the .cs files and storyboards

It crashed immediate with the same errors.

Then I removed the nuget on the off chance it was an issue, and then the App builds.

I am totally at a loss

Does any one know what's going on ?

Thanks

Answers