Forum Cross Platform with Xamarin

How to get Xamarin UWP to beta tester

Hello all. I have a Xamarin app which is ready for "pre-beta", meaning I'd like to have 1 or 2 trusted friends play around with it but I'm unable to run the .exe files in debug or release mode by clicking on them from the explorer. How can I get the .exe to a friend's Windows 10 desktop so they can play around with it and give me feedback? There must be some way short of installing VS on their machines and loading the project (they're not programmers). Thanks!

Best Answer

• TepcoTepco Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Thank you so much! I will try it today as soon as I dispense with "the chores". 😊

Answers

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    1. In Solution Explorer, open the solution for your application project.

2. Right-click the project and choose Publish->Create App Packages (before Visual Studio 2019 version 16.3, the Publish menu is named Store).

3. Select Sideloading in the first page of the wizard and then click Next.

4. On the Select signing method page, select whether to skip packaging signing or select a certificate for signing. You can select a certificate from your local certificate store, select a certificate file, or create a new certificate. For an MSIX package to be installed on an end user's machine, it must be signed with a cert that is trusted on the machine.

5. Complete the Select and configure packages page.

Refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/msix/package/packaging-uwp-apps#create-an-app-package-using-the-packaging-wizard .

• TepcoTepco Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Thank you so much! I will try it today as soon as I dispense with "the chores". 😊

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

ok, if it works don't forget to accept my answer ,it is helpful to others who's facing the same issue.