Forum General
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Encryption Export Compliance...

Steve1000Steve1000 Member ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm just about to publish my very first app to the App Store Test Flight!

Am a bit stuck on the Export Compliance Information screen - the first I'd seen of this was when in App Store Connect

You can select Yes for this question if the encryption of your app is:
(a) Specially designed for medical end-use
(b) Limited to intellectual property and copyright protection
(c) Limited to authentication, digital signature, or the decryption of data or files
(d) Specially designed and limited for banking use or “money transactions”; or
(e) Limited to “fixed” data compression or coding techniques

You can also select Yes if your app meets the descriptions provided in Note 4 for Category 5, Part 2 of the U.S. Export Administration Regulations.

My app makes calls to a webservice via https - authenticating users, download json data and submitting data to the web service.
I'm also using Xamarin Secure Storage to store tokens for authentication etc.

I've got other packages installed e.g. Xamarin Essentials, Permissions Plugin, some Syncfusion ones.

It also says an annual submission is required

If you are making use of ATS or making a call to HTTPS, you are required to submit a year-end self classification report to the US government. Learn More

What has your experiences been with this section of the submission process?
And the year end self classification process?

Would be grateful for any pointers / guidance