Forum Xamarin.Android

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Android Binding after AndroidX migration

I'm having some issues with a library that I upgraded:

https://github.com/SupernovaIC/OMFM

I'm getting the following issue:

1>BINDINGSGENERATOR : warning BG8604: top ancestor OneMoreFabMenu not found for nested type Com.Dekoservidoni.Omfm.OneMoreFabMenu._1.
1>BINDINGSGENERATOR : warning BG8604: top ancestor OneMoreFabMenu not found for nested type Com.Dekoservidoni.Omfm.OneMoreFabMenu.IOptionsClick.
1>BINDINGSGENERATOR : warning BG8604: top ancestor OneMoreFabMenu not found for nested type Com.Dekoservidoni.Omfm.OneMoreFabMenu.FabClickListener._1.
1>BINDINGSGENERATOR : warning BG8604: top ancestor OneMoreFabMenu not found for nested type Com.Dekoservidoni.Omfm.OneMoreFabMenu.Hide._1.
1>BINDINGSGENERATOR : warning BG8604: top ancestor OneMoreFabMenu not found for nested type Com.Dekoservidoni.Omfm.OneMoreFabMenu.HideMenu._1.
1>BINDINGSGENERATOR : warning BG8604: top ancestor OneMoreFabMenu not found for nested type Com.Dekoservidoni.Omfm.OneMoreFabMenu.OnMeasure._1.
1>BINDINGSGENERATOR : warning BG8800: Unknown parameter type com.dekoservidoni.omfm.OneMoreFabMenu in method OnNestedPreScroll in managed type Com.Dekoservidoni.Omfm.Utils.OneMoreFabScrollBehaviour.
1>BINDINGSGENERATOR : warning BG8800: Unknown parameter type com.dekoservidoni.omfm.OneMoreFabMenu in method OnStartNestedScroll in managed type Com.Dekoservidoni.Omfm.Utils.OneMoreFabScrollBehaviour.

In that specific section, I have the following code:

override fun onStartNestedScroll(coordinatorLayout: androidx.coordinatorlayout.widget.CoordinatorLayout, child: OneMoreFabMenu,
                                     directTargetChild: View, target: View, nestedScrollAxes: Int, type: Int): Boolean {

return nestedScrollAxes == ViewCompat.SCROLL_AXIS_VERTICAL || super.onStartNestedScroll(coordinatorLayout, child, directTargetChild, target,
                nestedScrollAxes, type)
    }

And I have added these NuGets:

Any idea, which one could I miss?

Answers

• LeonLuLeonLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Do you use OneMoreFabMenuDemo in your project? https://github.com/rofiqsetiawan/OneMoreFabMenuDemo
    You use it by binding library. Based on your warning, it seems OneMoreFabMenuDemo do not migrate AndroidX.

You can test your application if it could running as well, If it could running, you can ignore this warring, waitting for OneMoreFabMenuDemo plugin's update.

• FedericoNavarreteFedericoNavarrete SVMember ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

@LeonLu said:
    Do you use OneMoreFabMenuDemo in your project? https://github.com/rofiqsetiawan/OneMoreFabMenuDemo
    You use it by binding library. Based on your warning, it seems OneMoreFabMenuDemo do not migrate AndroidX.

You can test your application if it could running as well, If it could running, you can ignore this warring, waitting for OneMoreFabMenuDemo plugin's update.

Well, I upgraded the library to AndroidX that's why I shared my repo and works fine in Android Studio and the emulator:

Since I ran it in the emulator without any error. Now, I'm binding the library to Xamarin.Android.

• LeonLuLeonLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Do you have any update? After binding the lib to the xamarin.android.