Forum Xamarin.Android

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

app keeps stopping in Android Simulator

JunheJunhe Member ✭✭

Hi,

I have created a sample application (Phone word on the MS doc), and have it built in Azure DevOps, release it to App Center. I am able to install it on several Android simulators. However as I try to invoke the app, it won't start, and I get message from the simulator which says it keeps stopping. I downloaded the bug-report on the simulators ... didn't find any useful information.

Has any one seen this problem before?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Best Answer

• JunheJunhe Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Somehow "platform = x86" creates an error when releasing to app center. Once I change the platform back to AnyCPU, the app works fine.

Answers

• YelinzhYelinzh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

However as I try to invoke the app, it won't start, and I get message from the simulator which says it keeps stopping

Will this occurs on the all emulators? If the issue only encounters in a specified device, try the following tips:

• Restart your device
    • Clear cache and data. Delete all the data saved in the app to set it up once again.
    • Check Storage space availability. If the device does not have sufficient storage space available, this may lead to running apps to crash.
    • Re-install the application
    • Clear Cache Partition.
  • JunheJunhe Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Somehow "platform = x86" creates an error when releasing to app center. Once I change the platform back to AnyCPU, the app works fine.