I am new to Xamarin and stuck with something. Please get me an idea how to solve this...
1. Create and Save a Excel file (I have successfully created one by using ISave and Xamarin.Forms.DependencyService.Get().SaveAndView("GettingStared.xlsx", "application/msexcel", stream);
2. I dont get any error message and hence I assume that it has been created in my root directory
3. Then I am trying to either attach that file as an email attachment (UNABLE TO DO SO ???)
4. I have an exercise of converting my data in a ObservableCollection into a CSV file and attached that file into email and successfully sent an email after attaching the same csv file. I have also verified my mailbox and the csv file has been attached successfully in my email mailbox
5. Now, I am trying the same with excel file. I have used XLSIO library of SyncFusion and done the coding but can not attach the excel file
My main objective:
I have a standalone application which allows user to upload an excel file. Once a file is choosen by user, the application successfully reads the data and shows in a form. Then user performs editing the data and after all edit is done, then I want the user to save the data back in somewhere. The only way I did was to send an email by converting my latest data into a csv file and attach that file in email and allow user to send that email. I have attached my gmail account to do so and everything works. But I want to extend my solution by playing with excel. I can successfully read the excel file and load data from 3 sheets. Then user edits the data and my final data is in my observable collection. Then while creating a excel file dynamically and attaching as an attachment, I FAILED. I just want to save the data back to my storage somehow or send a copy in an email attachment.
Any help will be much appreciated pleaseeee.